JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To the point they tried to add an amendment that would keep Aero and "other" manufacturers exempt, (similar to a deal that Springfield is still catching heat for) which is kinda funny because they're basically the only manufacturer in town.

Aero is strongly against any amendments on their behalf.

All that said, I am hopeful of another full house on the 12th which is when this is supposed to be put to a vote
Do we know which of any council members are on the fence about this? Or is it pretty much they're all for it?

I'm sure you'll hear about it, maybe it's already been posted. Tacoma, Washington's City council passed a new tax tonight that will take effect July 1, 2020. Firearms will be taxed at $25, ammo will be taxed at 2¢/rd for .22 and smaller and at 5¢/rd for larger. In other words, each box of 9mm will be $2.50 more expensive, each brick of .22 will be $10 more expensive. I'm so sorry for residents of Tacoma

Well... that's dumb, but predictable.

What's the stated purpose of this new tax? Will they be fighting crime and evil? Or studying crime and evil? Figuring out ways to prevent crime and evil? Or just studying ways to prevent crime and evil?

Is it to raise funds for firearms safety training? Intervention and conflict resolution? Maybe just a tone-deaf and typically transparent money-grab disguised as government altruism (a fantastic oxymoron).

Or is it just to feed a revenue stream into Puyallup and Olympia like Seattle did?

My guess, the Tacoma city council did it for PR purposes. "Look what we've done to save the community." A vote getter. Anyone with an IQ three points higher than a golf ball knows it will have no practical preventive effect. But it will cause firearms and ammunition sales to migrate elsewhere. They may generate some small amount of revenue from it, but in fact they will experience a net loss of revenue. Because they will lose basic sales tax revenue from very many diverted sales. The sales tax rate in Tacoma is 10.2%, of which the city gets to keep 3.7%. On the sale of a $500 gun, they won't get the extra $25 but they will lose $18.50. Thereby throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Once again the voters get just what they deserve. MANY gun owners in the City will have no clue this happened until they go to buy something. They will get mad, blame others, and vote the same people back into office who did this. <shrug>

I can only think of 2 shops inside the city limits, surplus ammo and arms, and, bullseye. Neither of them have really great prices anyway.
This. Their prices suck balls. Big time. BUT...they each have cool selections of unique gats.

Also.....just buy ammo from private sellers under the table and purchase outside of city limits. Problem averted.

Well... that's dumb, but predictable.

What's the stated purpose of this new tax? Will they be fighting crime and evil? Or studying crime and evil? Figuring out ways to prevent crime and evil? Or just studying ways to prevent crime and evil?

Is it to raise funds for firearms safety training? Intervention and conflict resolution? Maybe just a tone-deaf and typically transparent money-grab disguised as government altruism (a fantastic oxymoron).

Or is it just to feed a revenue stream into Puyallup and Olympia like Seattle did?

A poorly defined problem begats a poorly defined solution... In this case though, I think the solution is not really associated with the problem they are putting forth, it's in alignment with another agenda...

My guess, the Tacoma city council did it for PR purposes. "Look what we've done to save the community." A vote getter. Anyone with an IQ three points higher than a golf ball knows it will have no practical preventive effect. But it will cause firearms and ammunition sales to migrate elsewhere. They may generate some small amount of revenue from it, but in fact they will experience a net loss of revenue. Because they will lose basic sales tax revenue from very many diverted sales. The sales tax rate in Tacoma is 10.2%, of which the city gets to keep 3.7%. On the sale of a $500 gun, they won't get the extra $25 but they will lose $18.50. Thereby throwing the baby out with the bath water.
I would make every effort to make sure those responsible would never serve in office again. Find a candidate to run against them and make sure they have the support to win that position. I can imagine what the crime rate is going to reflect.

Don't be surprised by an accelerated "Monkey see, Monkey do" game. Taxes, and eventually a State-wide Ammo Card?

I've said this before in other threads. Buy what you need. AmmoSeek is your friend. I am not affiliated with them.

Don't be surprised by an accelerated "Monkey see, Monkey do" game. Taxes, and eventually a State-wide Ammo Card?

I've said this before in other threads. Buy what you need. AmmoSeek is your friend. I am not affiliated with them.

Most places that sell ammo, magazines, etc by mail, will not sell to those states that are restricted or cities where there are restrictions. A few will sell to law enforcement if copies of their proof of standing is sent. A few will mail components to reload, but it doesn't help for .22 ammo. California has a refined type of background check for ammo sales, and rumors of they want to ban ALL lead in ammo. Sounds like all copper or some kind of composite, maybe zinc? Along with that, you won't even be able to possess ammo that has lead or lead cores. May as well fence it like Mexico, at least the Cartel is allowed lead and lead core bullets!

There was a meeting last night for the final review of this act and there were many Pro2A speakers last night, thanks for your support!
The council acted despicable saying that white gun owners were the reason no black men showed to voice their opinions!!!:eek::eek::eek: WTF!
I was not there but members of another forum were, read their comments here:

Last Edited:
It was ultimately for naught as even though we had strong representation and overwhelming amount of people against it, they still passed the tax

Tacoma is the new Seattle which is the new California which the new post apocalyptic hell that chicago is...

It's total bullbubblegum. The tax will only hurt things in the long run for business and tax revenues. I'm glad I moved to the woods. When pierce kept following king like a drunk puppy, I knew it was inevitable. Until politicians are made to suffer for their tyranny and their traitorous acts against the rights of the people, it will just keep happening.

I can only think of 2 shops inside the city limits, surplus ammo and arms, and, bullseye. Neither of them have really great prices anyway.

Don't forget Mary's Pistols and Bass Pro are inside the city limits also. Mary's usually has competitive prices and Bass Pro is just a place to kill time.
For the time being (as I expect this to spread to the surrounding areas), people can avoid the tax by shopping at Sportco in Fife.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top