Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Proposed: licensing, mental screening, ammo tax

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

‘Daily Beast’ article favors licensing, mental evaluations on gun owners

For the second time this year, a self-identified Navy veteran yesterday proposed strict gun control measures including licensing, 80 hours of training for a concealed carry permit and an ammunition tax of ten cents per cartridge to pay for all of that, plus mandatory mental health screenings for gun owners every five years when their licenses are renewed.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dai...rs-licensing-mental-evaluations-on-gun-owners

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Who is this Shawn VanDiver idiot and why is anyone listening to him?

Michael Js likes this.
  3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

So with the butt kicking we got on 594 the gun haters train is rolling full stream. We must ponder the amount of out of state money Bloomberg will spend to buy this round of 2A rights?

Now our 2A right is now a privilege according to the elite gun control zealots?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    U201491 likes this.
  4. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

I do not know anything about this person or what he espouses but I do think that people should be at least familiar with a gun before getting a concealed weapon permit. Beyond that I think I would be opposed.

5. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Please show where in the Constitution it says you must have training to carry a firearm? Is it a good idea - yes. Should it be a government mandate? No. They've already taken a few hundred miles because we've been giving the anti's inches for decades. It's time to stop giving anything and start taking back what is supposed to be our "unalienable rights."

JackFrost, Redcap and Caveman Jim like this.
  6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Someone put LSD in the water supply up there. :/
    Or does he just carry his own..........

Michael Js, Redcap and Caveman Jim like this.
  7. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

I propose licensing, mental health evaluations, and taxes on the first amendment, if you want to issue a press release or speak in public, you need a license with 80 hours of training, and a mental health evaluation every 5 years. Further, every word of a press release will be taxed 10c each to pay for these programs.

8. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

A gun shouldn't come assembled, it should show up as a kit of parts. By the time most people figure out how to put it together they will be adept enough to handle it.

9. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I can just hear them libs kick in & screaming that anyone would have the audacity to even try and regulate their precious 1st A right...........

10. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Hell I just want to go back to the writing of the Constitution and add an amendment that makes it mandatory that all Left wing liberals must be shipped to and reside on Okinawa and never be allowed to leave it... ever !

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Michael Js likes this.
  11. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It's that "well-regulated" thing. In the day, that meant well-trained. As opposed to regulated to death by "gotcha" requirements and red tape.

But we've got another entry into the irritable comments in print competition:"

‘We’re coming for your guns,’ says Tallahassee columnist

A weekend column by veteran Tallahassee Democrat journalist Gerald Ensley, which he concluded by warning gun owners that, “We’re coming for your guns. And someday, we’ll take them,” has stirred up a hornet’s nest, he confirmed in a telephone conversation with Examiner this morning.

http://www.examiner.com/article/we-re-coming-for-your-guns-says-tallahassee-columnist

NOW YOU FELLERS ALL BE SURE TO WEIGH IN AT EXAMINER ON THIS. ;)