JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doing some more research came across this.
Same boat /off shore bracket set up as mine but guy has 150 vs 115

You'll drive yourself crazy analyzing it. You just need to get on the water and see how your setup reacts! :) Remember, look up the max WOT for your year/make/model of outboard and adjust prop pitch to get as close to that as you can.

Is that off-shore bracket enclosed? Does it have water in it? I remember some issues in the past with that on some boats.

There has been some water in the bracket.
Not enough, maybe half a gallon.
Last night I blew compressed air through the drain plug and sprayed soapy water on bolts and access hatch.
Had some bubbles from the hatch. Can't tell if it's the rubber gasket as the silicone/screws look solid.

All other specs being the same, it is not a myth that you have to drop pitch when going to a 4 blade vs a 3. You dropped both pitch and diameter so you may be ok but without ever knowing what your max rpm was with the old prop it is a bit of a stab in the dark. You definitely want to be in the max rpm range with any prop you choose to keep from overloading your motor.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top