JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had one sub 30 degree day at the range and didn't really care for the challenge so am looking at propane heaters--Mr. Heater and the larger unit (on sale with $20 off right now). I will be using the heater for either the shooting bays or a portion of the main range at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club.

Anyone have experience or insight?

I have just used the small hand warmer packets, like from Costco. One in each glove and boot, sometimes one down the back! I tend to have a lot of gear at the range and finding room for a Big Buddy (I have one) would be tough!

The smaller heaters are best for the occasional hands and face warm up. They're really not going to do much for the bay, and almost zero at the main range. I use the hand and foot warmer inserts. You can find them almost anywhere, but Costco has them by the case at a really good price.

I would suggest a thermacare heat wrap. Those things are awesome! You can get a 3 pack at costco for $15 ish. They stay nice a warm for 8 hours. Then add a couple hand warmers in your gloves. Boom! Your feeling like a million bucks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top