JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think in classified sales it's always first come first serve.
So if you say you'll buy something and can't meet up with in a couple days, then the seller should go with whoever has money first.
I've said I would buy something but couldn't get it for a week or more. So I told them that and if someone has cash in hand I understand if they sell.

But if it's a complete flake, like you went to meet up and they no showed, leave feedback and warn others

So if you say you'll buy something and can't meet up with in a couple days, then the seller should go with whoever has money first.
I've said I would buy something but couldn't get it for a week or more. So I told them that and if someone has cash in hand I understand if they sell.

But if it's a complete flake, like you went to meet up and they no showed, leave feedback and warn others
Dibs don't mean $hit here sir. I've been passed over so many times I've pretty much quit trying...... Happened again just tonight....it's also why I don't sell here.......flakey like a bakery

A "flake list" while a good sounding idea...will only lead to trouble with posts and comments of the :
You did this / No I did not kind , along with general all around less than excellent comments...
As well as still not preventing flakes from flaking.

Feedback ....use the feedback system when a deal is completed or if it falls through to a no show or such.
If you get a retaliatory feedback...let the mods and Joe know...Joe can remove feedback it needed.

With that said...
Joe is the only one who can remove feedback...and it may take a bit for him to do so.
Do not expect the retaliatory feedback to be gone , as soon as its reported.
Andy

I don't think offers are should always treated as first come first serve unless the ad states so. If a seller has an item for sale and receives multiple offers, including for example an offer above asking price, the seller may choose the highest offer. Or the seller may choose the offer from a member with high feedback vs a member with no feedback. Or choose the offer from a member ho is close to them versus far away.

If a seller list an item as first come first serve then I believe they should try to honor that. Otherwise it's like selling a house, the buyer should review the offers and choose the one that serves their best interest.

After saying all that, I tend to operate under first come first serve myself as I don't want to miss out on a sale.

I figure that no one owes me anything until they commit to something, and by commit I mean their time and resources. I'll take it isn't a commitment until they say I'll meet you at 9am on the corner of 7th and Washington Tuesday with cash in hand. I'll be 15 mins early and wait 15 min past said time and then if no call or no show I'll drive on. Other than that, it's just water off a Ducks back. I offer up the same thing, until I'm willing to commit my time and resources to the deal it's all just negotiations.

But then I get negative feedback
Feedback ....use the feedback system when a deal is completed or if it falls through to a no show or such.
If you get a retaliatory feedback...let the mods and Joe know...Joe can remove feedback it needed.

This is good to know. I have refrained from leaving negative feedback myself, or even neutral, because often the next thing that happens is retaliatory feedback.
That being said, I think I'll reserve negative feedback for someone who made an agreement with me to meet somewhere at a specific time and buy/ sell an item for an agreed upon price, but then no call/no text and no-showed, or who grossly and obviously misrepresented an item beyond all reasonable doubt.

That being said, I do really wish people would have the gumption to simply say they're no longer interested in a deal, rather than just ghosting the conversation. I hate that " waiting for the other shoe to drop, but it never does" feeling.

I have changed my mind on deals, after thinking about it, due to things like not really wanting to drive that far, or not wanting to use a payment system I'm unfamiliar with. ( This being well before agreeing to meet at time and place) I at least had the courtesy to let the person know, " Hey, I'm sorry, but I changed my mind, and I'm not going to do that deal. "

By and large, all the completed transactions I've had through this forum have been good, and I've met some very cool people.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top