JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just had another person flake out after commiting to buy..... it sure would be nice to have a flake list that we could check so we wouldn't waste our time. It is one thing to say that you are interested or thinking about it. But when you commit to a buy and don't follow through , you have no integrity and other members should be advised. At the very least contact the seller and tell them you are backing out. But don't come up with a phony excuse and then try to buy the same or similar item from someone else 15 minutes later. We can do a search of your user name and see your activity.

If all was set up and they didn't show. That's worthy of feedback. If all was not entirely set up and they decided not to meet up, that isn't that horrible.

Feedback system is there for these sort of things.

Maybe not a negative feedback, but at least a neutral stating what happened, to serve as a warning to others.

Definitely what the feedback system is supposed to be for.

Negative = me sitting there waiting for them, and they never show.

If they just backed out before time/date meet-up, then it is your call on what to do.

With all the flakes and gougers coming out of the woodwork lately, this is bound to happen more and more.

You can always add them to your ignore list and not have to ever deal/see them again.

It sucks. I've done "business" with you and it was a pleasure to meet with you. I wish you better luck with the next person.

:s0155:

I just had another person flake out after commiting to buy..... it sure would be nice to have a flake list that we could check so we wouldn't waste our time. It is one thing to say that you are interested or thinking about it. But when you commit to a buy and don't follow through , you have no integrity and other members should be advised. At the very least contact the seller and tell them you are backing out. But don't come up with a phony excuse and then try to buy the same or similar item from someone else 15 minutes later. We can do a search of your user name and see your activity.
When i meet someone to buy a firearm my intent is to buy it but it is not a done deal til the money has changed hands.

Last Edited:
I have had two people flake on me today and a third who I was going to buy from that went dark on me. I have had many many meet ups in the past and very few flakes. But essentially three today. Crazy!

I'm only laughing because of the idiocy. The idiocy of the person that stands you up, lies and then is too dumb to know you can figure out what they did.

I did not go with a deal after the sellers reviews of a half dozen no shows . I ordered a new pistol instead of buying his after all it would have been a 8 hr round trip +gas+ time . I actually saved money by not going and did want to risk a chance of being stood up . I agree there should be some type of warning but review posts activity and any reviews and if they just joined quite a few are post and ghost . I am not saying the new ones are bad but just have not been weeded out yet . I welcome new blood but this isn't CL so we should be able to shake the fakes from our tree !

It has gotten really bad. I started leaving at least neutral feedback when someone backs out, no shows or disappears after they have agreed to buy or given an offer on something. But then I get negative feedback saying I am not owed a response that the buyer changed their mind.

I don't follow up or solidify a deal with out a person to person call just saying . If they don't have time for a call I am not gong to waste my time . I have spoke to a few on this site and they are solid people and have some awesome stories !

Before a long drive, send a DM or text saying you're about to leave as soon as you hear back. Let them know ahead of time that you will be doing this. If they no-show after that, they have no excuse for negative feedback.

Ooooh that smell! Can't ya smell that smell?!

iStock-Man-Holding-Stinky-Fish-000047749896-e1413733874467-300x199-300x199.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads