JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else as excited to see it as I am? alien_aliens.gif

Man, last movie the missus and I went to cinatopia and I think they spoiled everything else for me:)

Hunger games, liked it a lot. Friend says that there are 3 books and that the book for this movie was much beter and more nuanced than the movie.

My whole family is reading the hunger games right now. Haven't seen the movie yet though, loved the avengers however, but we're comic nuts.

Ridley SCOTT (And HR Gieger) are awesome, guess I'll have to see this movie!

They had they real Aliens props at OMSI once. Funny, they were only about 4' tall; the Queen was about 6' tall. The 80s sure had some great, original action movies.

What passes for good movies nowadays is a testament to how brainless the Twittering Twits of today really are; sad to watch. Apparently, they are coming out with a movie where Abe Lincoln freed the vampires. Yes, it has got that bad.

Hunger Games was made for eleven year olds. That is the only possible explanation for a studio making a movie that bad.

Out of this list of junk, maybe Prometheus will be good. No way am I going to risk two hours finding out for myself without a referral from someone with an IQ over 75 first though.

46% Snow White and the Huntsman $56.2M
69% Men in Black III $28.1M <<< Have seen MIB, MIBII many times; don't bother going to this one, maybe worth getting off Netflix later
93% Marvel's The Avengers $20.5M <<< Horrible trash; only saving grace was Robert Downey Jr's performance; wait for Iron Man 3; <broken link removed>
34% Battleship $5.1M
58% The Dictator $4.7M
76% The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel $4.5M
23% What to Expect When You're Expecting $4.4M
40% Dark Shadows $3.7M
21% Chernobyl Diaries $3.1M
18% For Greater Glory $1.9M
In Theaters | Top 50

Opening
75% Prometheus Jun 08
74% Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted Jun 08
47% Lola Versus Jun 08
93% Safety Not Guaranteed Jun 08
71% Dark Horse Jun 08
36% Bel Ami Jun 08
24% Peace, Love, & Misunderstanding Jun 08
&#8212;&#8212; For the Love of Money Jun 08

They had they real Aliens props at OMSI once. Funny, they were only about 4' tall; the Queen was about 6' tall. The 80s sure had some great, original action movies.

I would have loved to see that.

What passes for good movies nowadays is a testament to how brainless the Twittering Twits of today really are; sad to watch. Apparently, they are coming out with a movie where Abe Lincoln freed the vampires. Yes, it has got that bad.

That Lincoln movie sounds stupid and horrible. Freeing vampires? Probably historically accurate. :p

Hunger Games was made for eleven year olds. That is the only possible explanation for a studio making a movie that bad.

Haven't seen it. But I wouldn't even let my eleven year old watch it.

Out of this list of junk, maybe Prometheus will be good. No way am I going to risk two hours finding out for myself without a referral from someone with an IQ over 75 first though.

I'm not sure what my IQ is, but I'll let ya know what I think of it. :)

I can't wait to see the movie and my son is obsessed with it reading everything he can find. While nothing here I would consider a spoiler, here is some info he found. There are rumors of 2 more sequels after Prometeus, you don't get any firm tie other than the obvious, to Alien until the last 8 minutes of the movie and Prometheus does not happen on the same moon, LV-426 that was in Alien.

Ridley said in an interview that while Prometheus shares DNA with Alien, it is it's own movie and story made to scare the s**t out of your :s0112: can't wait to take my wife!

Took my son to the Avengers and I liked it and he loved it. But I didn’t go in there expecting a cinematic classic of the ages from a comic book super hero movie. What I got was a couple of hours of action and the Hulk smashing stuff, and a totally happy 9 year old son. Worth every penny to me.

Im excited for it for sure.

As for Abraham Lincoln; vampire hunter. The based off of a book. The book was great. Obviously not to be taken seriously, the movie looks like it'll be amusing. If they adapt the same authors following book, it'd be a hoot. pride and prejudice and zombies

Hunger Games was made for eleven year olds.

Ahh hahh! It hit my 11 year old libertarian mentality right on. Loved that flick, I'd give it a 7-1/2 or 8 out of 10.

What films have you seen that you put up there as superb ? Say on a scale of 1-10, where the movie gets 9 out of 10? I don't see many films in the theaters, and the ones I do see tend to be popular. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Titanic - good movies all IMO.

That Lincoln movie looks to be a bad spinoff of a horrible movie:

Agreed. The Lincoln vampire movie looks positively poopy. My wife made me go to Dark Shadows (johnny Depp vampire flick) and it was horrible. I guess you really have to be into vampires. The Prometheus movie looks intriguing.

On a side note .... someone else mentioned Hunger Games. As best as I can tell I might be the only person who thought Hunger Games was just plain crappy. I hope the book was better than the movie.

Saw Prometheus. Reminded me a lot of the original Alien in plot and setting. Wasn't as action packed and spooky as I expected and didn't really keep you on the edge of your seat like the previews lead you to think it will. It had more story development than action. Definitely some creep factor/gore. The movie mostly sets you up for a sequel (2nd prequel?). It raises a lot of questions and speculation on what's really happening and leaves you hanging on most of the details. Lots of loose ends, and IMO, holes. Maybe it's just me, but there seemed to be a lack of congruency and I was having some trouble connecting the dots. (Hopefully they clear it up if they make another. If they don't I'm going to be so annoyed.) I'd say they definitely made this movie more for the fans than the 'watch and be entertained' crowd. If you're a big fan, you might wanna check it out. If you're not, I'd wait and watch at home. Oh, and if you've never seen the original Alien, the movie pretty much won't make any sense to you. Overall, it didn't wow me. And I thought the casting was kinda weak (except for Charlise Theron). But it did leave me hoping for another movie, just to explain this one. On a scale of Alien to AVP:Requiem, I'm gonna give it an Alien 3.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top