JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
wholesale sports has these mags on special for about 10 bucks,steel llips,was wondering of anyone has used them.

Ill be down that way tomrrow,thinking I'll grab one and then swing over to the indoor range and wring it out,but wanted to see if any horror stories popped up 1st.

anyone...anyone ?

I had a "Hot Lips" that was crap,but I bought a friend's 10 22 and his mag works perfectly.
I think you can get both bad and good ones,with the steel lips ,supposedly,being the better of the 2

Unless it's made by magpul I don't use aftermarket (rifle mags that is) lol..... I stick to factory or magpul. I know I know... magpul doesn't make 10/22 mags but maybe they should. Ruger has factory hi-cap mags but they aren't cheap I guess.

Best magazine you can get, period.

Agreed!
I have had many different brands of 10/22mags and being able to take apart the Ruger one is one of the best features. I had a few springs "roll" and even a shell stuck in an eagle mag (stay away from them!). I picked up a ruger mag at the last gunshow for $24 to give it a shot. So far so good. It might be expensive compared to others but they are well built and if the last it will be money well spent.

My promag for my10/22 works great... if you make sure its seated all the way to the back of the magwell, and then jam some duct tape to keep it in place. I would have returned it but I got it on sale for like 10 and figured it wasn't worth driving back to the store or cleaning it from the cheep .22long I was shooting that day at my brothers place

TI is the only high capacity mag I use in my 10/22's. It's the only mag that is adjustable for any mag well. The mag well shape varies from rifle to rifle. That's why high capacity mags work in some and not others.

I have had a Butler creek steel lip mag for about 4 years and put a few thousand rounds out of it and it's starting to wear out I think I'll try some rugers next time I happen to stumble across em

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top