JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone used these, and what is your opinion?

I bought ProMags for an M14 once and they were junk, I threw them away. On the other hand, I bought ProMags for an HK33 clone and they were awesome, 100% fit and function.

Many thanks in advance.

I don't have any experience with those particular ones, though hopefully one of the FAL fans will report in. My experience with ProMags has all over the board; surprisingly good to absolute garbage. It is, at best, a gamble.

CluelessDefinitiveBongo-max-1mb.gif

My experience with ProMags has all over the board; surprisingly good to absolute garbage. It is, at best, a gamble.
Yup. Me too.

Aloha, Mark

PS...my FAL uses and likes : Israeli, Austrian and FN mags. Metal for the WIN!

Literally, the last pro mag I had was for a Sig Sauer that I bought used and it came with the mag, very first range sesh, the Pro Mag was tossed into the garbage can. Jammed on every 2nd round, whereas the factory mag never jammed. Ever.

I tried a few of them, NOT IMPRESSED! Feed lips were soft and would fail to feed, usually a shell would tip up as the bolt stroked back and then try and ram it into the top of the breach face! Other times, it would double feed, NOT GOOD!

If you can still get them, DS Arms is the best of what's out there, and as luck would have it, we have our very own vender here with a hook up with DS Arm's a Mr. @LuckySG :s0155:

I tried a few of them, NOT IMPRESSED! Feed lips were soft and would fail to feed, usually a shell would tip up as the bolt stroked back and then try and ram it into the top of the breach face! Other times, it would double feed, NOT GOOD!

If you can still get them, DS Arms is the best of what's out there, and as luck would have it, we have our very own vender here with a hook up with DS Arm's a Mr. @LuckySG :s0155:
Yup, Go metal. The only pro mags I ever found worthwhile are the 42 round ar black mags. No luck with any pistols, ever.

Thank you Gentlemen, I appreciate the input.

If someone could make a new high quality FAL magazine out of steel for $30-$40 they would clean up. A lot of rusted up surplus junk out there for $70-$80

If someone could make a new high quality FAL magazine out of steel for $30-$40 they would clean up. A lot of rusted up surplus junk out there for $70-$80

Another polymer option:

$5 cheaper than thru DSA directly.

Not a recommendation, don't own a FAL. So there's that.

However have bought a chunk of stuff from robertrtg, just received some stuff the other day.

Shipping is delayed a bit, but not too bad (?2 weeks). Packaging & boxing was about the best we've ever recieved from anyone, except some bulk projectiles. Looks like they have some kind of fabric taping machine now. The entire box was wrapped in the paper fabric tape!

Oregon Rifleworks has a unissued metric mag in their case. $35.00

They also have genuine HK 93/33 25 round mags as well but plan on taking out a loan for those before you go.

-E-

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews