JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am happy to announce that Project Appleseed is back at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club in Eagle Creek, OR (outside of Estacada).

Project Appleseed will be hosting two marksmanship/heritage events at the club this fall on September 8/9 and November 11/12.

The signups are open on the Project Appleseed website at Project Appleseed Home

Project Appleseed is an all volunteer non-profit organization that provides marksmanship training and Revolutionary War history. The goal of the program is to reconnect Americans with the heritage of our country with both rifle marksmanship and the sacrifices that our founding fathers made to win our independence from Britain and secure our liberty and freedoms.

Project Appleseed is a family friendly environment in which shooters of all skill levels can learn marksmanship skill in the prone, sitting/kneeling, and standing positions. All of these positions are taught without using extra supports except the use of GI web sling. This is great marksmanship education for hunters who need to learn field positions to shoot accurately while in the field.

Congrats Prescott on getting the Appleseed clinics back at DRRC! Hopefully Harmony and I will be able to come out in November and support you and the other great volunteers! Good luck in September......

I would feel a lot better about Appleseed without knowing what I've heard from several attendees, who felt the political indoctrination was WAY over the top.

The USA faces ZERO threat of foreign invasion. Deliverable nuclear weapons pretty well kills that threat.

But from what I hear from attendees, that threat, which doesn't exist and hasn't in many decades (even pre-dating nukes) is accentuated with a distinctly anti-government flavor.

Marksmanship training is a wonderful thing in and of itself. It's a heritage that every American can feel a part of and a lot of fun. I am just really put off by the notion of some dipstick in a Revolutionary War uniform coming by to tell me about DOMESTIC threats and his half-arsed understanding of constitutional law and 240-odd years of precedent and case law.

If it's ever "Go-Time," there will be little doubt about it. And the winning of that fight will depend more on smart leadership and willingness to die by patriots. But that time isn't even REMOTELY on the horizon. That Appleseed seems to feed into a paranoid fantasy of revolution bothers me, a lot. Thinking that hitting a target 200-400 yards away with a 10/22 makes you a "rifleman" as opposed to a "cook" seems truly delusional.

I haven't been, and maybe everything I've heard from friends who have is BS. But I'm reluctant to get behind anything that even remotely smacks of violence against the duly constituted government of the United States. I kinda like it here, and despite our failings, it's pretty damned awesome.

Our goal at Appleseed is to wake Americans to their heritage. To understand the value of words like Liberty and Freedom and what it took to get here. We promote an awake America that is willing to get involved, to vote, to run for office, to stand for something bigger than ourselves.

We specifically do not discuss current politics, political parties or modern militias.

While we do think marksmanship is an important part of our heritage (and a large reason we won the war) it is the hook. Try to get people out in numbers to talk about history and they have something better to do. Invite them out to the range and maybe they can make some time for you.

Shooting a 210+ on an AQT will get you a neat patch and it is harder than it looks; but that is very much simply the first step. Being a 'rifleman' requires character that many in modern America has long since forgotten.

I have been and thought the basic marksmanship training is very good. The natural point of aim and flinch drills were worth the sometimes long waits between firing to catch the others up.
The other part of the training was also informative, not "anti-goverment" from my point of view, just against the rampant apathy that has taken over vast portions of our citizens.
Go, see, shoot and listen...then make your own decision. If you have an open mind, you might just learn something.

I would feel a lot better about Appleseed without knowing what I've heard from several attendees, who felt the political indoctrination was WAY over the top.

The USA faces ZERO threat of foreign invasion. Deliverable nuclear weapons pretty well kills that threat.

But from what I hear from attendees, that threat, which doesn't exist and hasn't in many decades (even pre-dating nukes) is accentuated with a distinctly anti-government flavor.

Marksmanship training is a wonderful thing in and of itself. It's a heritage that every American can feel a part of and a lot of fun. I am just really put off by the notion of some dipstick in a Revolutionary War uniform coming by to tell me about DOMESTIC threats and his half-arsed understanding of constitutional law and 240-odd years of precedent and case law.

If it's ever "Go-Time," there will be little doubt about it. And the winning of that fight will depend more on smart leadership and willingness to die by patriots. But that time isn't even REMOTELY on the horizon. That Appleseed seems to feed into a paranoid fantasy of revolution bothers me, a lot. Thinking that hitting a target 200-400 yards away with a 10/22 makes you a "rifleman" as opposed to a "cook" seems truly delusional.

I haven't been, and maybe everything I've heard from friends who have is BS. But I'm reluctant to get behind anything that even remotely smacks of violence against the duly constituted government of the United States. I kinda like it here, and despite our failings, it's pretty damned awesome.

I don't know who you've been talking to, but the event I went to last month in Stevenson was absolutely NOT what you just described above. What was taught during the breaks was a history lesson behind the events of April 1775 when the revolutionary War started. Appleseed did NOT preach anything about politics, militias (other than revolutionary times), nor anything that remotely smacked of sedition against the USA in any form!

I've had a little more time to think on this thread, and truly, what Misterbill stated in his post is 100% bovine scatology.

There is no political indoctrination of any kind taught at Appleseed.

Totally out of left field.

You have heard wrong.

Nobody is talking about domestic threats, nor constitutional law. Appleseed teaches basic rifle marksmanship, and about the events of April 1775 in order to put the marksmanship training into perspective.

No, winning a battle and a war depends on smart leadership, and a willingness to LIVE by patriots. As General Patton said, nobody ever won a war by dying for their country. They won it by making some dumb sonofabubblegum die for THEIR country. Appleseed does not have a paranoid fantasy of revolution. Again, they teach about the events of April 1775 in order to put the marksmanship training into perspective, and to make a connection to our shared American heritage. And finally, they don't teach you how to hit a target 200-400 yards away with a 10/22. You can use almost any rifle you want at Appleseed. A 10/22 is recommended because the ammo is cheap, and the 25 meter range targets SIMULATE longer shots. Remember, the lessons are on HOW to make the shot, and improving marksmanship skills.

I haven't been, and maybe everything I've heard from friends who have is BS.

You got that right. And until you actually DO attend one, I'd hold off on making such ridiculous statements.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top