JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Day 1 of LadySeed! :s0132: Had fun! Learned a lot! Definitely a physically challenging day, but our instructors are great... and very patient! We went through prone, sitting, and standing positions. First time I've shot a rifle with a sling... it put up a good fight, but in the end we got along. I attached some pictures of some of my targets today. The red one on the left was starting out, prior to any training. The one on the right was the last target I shot after a day's worth of training. It was pretty amazing to know almost instantly what I did wrong with the couple shots that didn't land on the silhouettes. The Appleseed Qualification Test was done at the end of the day as well.... I may or may not have scored the highest out of the amazing group we have out there:D, only by a couple points, but still pretty proud of myself for how new I am with shooting. I'm exhausted! However ready and excited for tomorrow! I highly recommend you attend an AppleSeed event! I'm already looking at maybe signing up for the upcoming Known Distance Clinic out at Eagle Creek.:s0115: 3EBB5D50-2B4B-4A43-99CD-40990D38D993.jpeg A2F91C4F-B67A-4395-9595-3FEC9A7C518E.jpeg

Milady, nicely done on your first day tomorrow will be easier as you have the shooting cycle routine down pat.

Please continue to enjoy tomorrows activities and let's assure you report back you qualified for marksperson.

It is a great event to learn and to share with family & friends.

Best of luck lass...

Wow. That's a huge improvement.

Re: knowing instantly what you did wrong as you fire each shot-- Yes. This is "calling your shots". For example, as shot is fired you say, "a little off left". Then look or spotter looks and tells you. You can only call your shots if you are paying attention and getting the maximum practice benefit from each round.

What gun and caliber and distance are you shooting?

Wow. That's a huge improvement.

Re: knowing instantly what you did wrong as you fire each shot-- Yes. This is "calling your shots". For example, as shot is fired you say, "a little off left". Then look or spotter looks and tells you. You can only call your shots if you are paying attention and getting the maximum practice benefit from each round.

What gun and caliber and distance are you shooting?

Thanks everyone! I will report back tomorrow! I'm shooting a Ruger 10/22 at 25yds. And NOW I understand why she kept pointing to occasional rounds outside my groupings and asking if I "called that shot" while winking and nodding her head :s0140: I learn something everyday!

Last Edited:
Appleseed training is first class. The instructors want everyone to succeed. I went through the Appleseed training earlier this year and was very impressed with the skill of the instructors and the results of the instruction. The history lessons were great and far superior to anything that is taught in school. I am also considering the KD program. The ultimate goal is to receive the Rifleman patch! I was fortunate to receive this patch. july 2018 053.JPG Keep up the good work.

Day 2!!! Started off with my Apple Watch falling off my wrist (NEVER has happened before) straight into the portapotty.... It happened right before our first shoot, flustered me, and threw off my concentration.
I did however eventually shake it off and I scored higher on my first AQT today than my best score yesterday.... however after the first one, all of us shot worse and worse each round. The day was hotter, we were sore from the day before and tired. While our last AQTs were being scored we shot our end of day red coat target... and during that shoot I felt something click... the "ah ha" moment perphaps? I asked if we had improved during our last AQT... we had so I insisted we do ONE last test.... I'm pretty sure our Shoot Boss wanted to strangle me, but I told her I had a feeling I'd be giving her a story to tell... and I sure as hell did! Scored 221 and you need at least a 210 for Rifleman! My very first AppleSeed event and I came home with the Rifelman Patch! I couldn't have done it without the amazing instructors I had the 2 days and I'm looking forward to the next one!
BBF30390-5472-401E-B3CF-2CFD36F49D5B.jpeg

Last Edited:
Congratulations Gl0ckGirl!! A well earned patch especially for never having shot with a sling. It was a pleasure to work with you and I'm thrilled that you took so much away from this event.

A couple events coming up in the area for those that are interested.
Eagle Creek, OR August 18th and 19th
Dundee, OR September 15th and 16th
Eagle Creek, OR October 20th and 21st

Milady, very well done, tho sorry to hear about the watch, did/were/are you going to be able to recover the watch?

Tho am worry, you have the ASeed lingo down almost pat, when are you going to apply to be an instructor candidate in training, three sessions i believe if memory serves. :rolleyes:

Again lass, kudos for your accomplishment, oh wait, sorry, ms rifleperson!

Day 2!!! Started off with my Apple Watch falling off my wrist (NEVER has happened before) straight into the portapotty.... It happened right before our first shoot, flustered me, and threw off my concentration.
I did however eventually shake it off and I scored higher on my first AQT today than my best score yesterday.... however after the first one, all of us shot worse and worse each round. The day was hotter, we were sore from the day before and tired. While our last AQTs were being scored we shot our end of day red coat target... and during that shoot I felt something click... the "ah ha" moment perphaps? I asked if we had improved during our last AQT... we had so I insisted we do ONE last test.... I'm pretty sure our Shoot Boss wanted to strangle me, but I told her I had a feeling I'd be giving her a story to tell... and I sure as hell did! Scored 221 and you need at least a 210 for Rifleman! My very first AppleSeed event and I came home with the Rifelman Patch! I couldn't have done it without the amazing instructors I had the 2 days and I'm looking forward to the next one!
View attachment 476590

Fantastic! Well done! :s0035:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews