JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I enjoyed part I and am looking forward to the rest. I think the main thing I came away with is that politicians still pander to keep their jobs. And that banning something makes it more dear.
Ed

This stuff reads just like our war on drugs...

In a study of over 30 major U.S cities during the prohibition years of 1920 and 1921, the number of crimes increased by 24%. Additionally, theft and burglaries increased by 9%, homicide by 12.7%, assaults and battery rose by 13%, drug addiction by 44.6% and police department costs rose by 11.4%. It has been speculated that this was largely the result of “black-market violence” as well as law enforcing resources having been diverted elsewhere. Despite the beliefs of the prohibitionist movement that by outlawing alcohol crime would surely be reduced, the reality was that the Volstead Act led to worse social conditions than were experienced prior to prohibition as demonstrated by more lethal forms of alcohol, increased crime rates, and the establishment of a black market dominated by criminal organizations.

How did that song go? buy a hundred pounds of yeast and some copper line - everyone knew that he made moonshine...
Yeah If I remember correctly my grandfather and all his buddies got an RX from the VA doc for medicinal alcohol from the pharmacy - back then they didn't have computers to track your usage so they would take the RX to several pharmacies if they were gong to have a party.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top