JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Programmed prob 20 + radios with chirp.....def. the way to go. Do you know Baofeng has changed up some of their radios after regulations? Some of what they sell now are not what they used to be....ie uv5r's or the fr8's.

Reach out with any questions or if you need a wire/ cable

Still serve a purpose but the old ones weren't neutered as much.

MC

The UV5R can be 4, 5 or 8 watts, depending on which generation you get. Check the spec sheet in the manual. Good radio, quite a work horse. The later model BF-F8HP is also 8 watts. The best thing about the Baofengs is that the accessories are backwards compatible.

+1 for CHIRP.. As mentioned, you'll need a cable to connect your radio to your computer.
https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

I have a .CSV file that can be imported into CHIRP. It includes a baseline of frequencies such as FRS/GMRS, MURS, and NOAA. One can take the baseline, add additional frequencies for repeaters in their geographic area, and then upload to the radio(s).

If you want it, please send me a private message with your email address. I've provided this to 3-4 people here to help get them going with their radios.

get online and research repeaters in your area or areas you may frequent. Chirp is great when you follow the steps needed. There is some radio manipulation you need to follow. Once uploaded to a radio, keep a detail sheet/log of what each numbered channel is...as the baofeng only will allow for 6, some 7 letters of text. Learn how to proficiently get to a channel on the fly also, youtube can be you friend. Get your ticket, part of the deal. lastly, get a better antenna than the one the radio came with, you will thank me later!
kg7mav

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads