JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is an idea to make a profit and upset the Libs at the same time.

This would help offset the initial cost of the printer and make a nice profit.
https://thepostmillennial.com/man-e...uns-for-21000-at-new-york-gun-buyback-program
At an event held in Utica, NY in August, one man allegedly gamed the system, walking away with thousands of dollars after turning in over 100 guns he made using his 3D printer.
"I'm sure handing over $21,000 in gift cards to some punk kid after getting a bunch of plastic junk was a rousing success," Kem told WKTV, adding that, "gun buybacks are a fantastic way of showing, number one, that your policies don't work, and, number two, you're creating perverse demand."

The powers that be are getting wise to our tricks. Many buybacks won't accept "homemades" (2x4's with pipes) or 3D printed of various types. That guy was fortunate they accepted them, but once they realized what just happened they implemented policy changes and will no long accept them.

Not saying to abandon the idea, but to be aware that it's a crap shoot if the buyback you attend would actually accept or pay out for them.

While many disagreed with me the first time I said this...I still stand by my statement.

Every time someone brings a gun to a "buy back" , even a homemade board and pipe to a 3D printed one...
It helps push the idea that these so called "buy backs" work.

I understand the notion of pulling a fast one on folks who are anti 2nd Amendment...
I just don't agree with turning in any firearms to a "buy back" .
Andy

Last Edited:
Every time someone brings a gun , even a homemade board and pipe to a 3D printed one...
It helps push the idea that these so called buy backs work.
👆 This.

If you really wanna stick it the anti-gunners, go to the buybacks with a thick wallet, prowl the lines and take advantage of some great deals... while keeping firearms out of the anti's furnaces. Resale for profit!:s0155:

👆 This.

If you really wanna stick it the anti-gunners, go to the buybacks with a thick wallet, prowl the lines and take advantage of some great deals... while keeping firearms out of the anti's furnaces. Resale for profit!:s0155:
A long while back before the dumb azz BGC for private sales in Washington...
Seattle had a "buy back"...and a lot guys from the club that I belonged to at that time....
Went down and got some good guns at good prices.
Andy

Something else to consider here....
Is that this scheme of making a 3D printed firearm , just to turn in to a "buy back"....
Could easily be "spun" to purpose more laws against 3D printers or more traditional ways of making firearms or firearm parts.
Andy

Seattle had a "buy back"...and a lot guys from the club that I belonged to at that time....
Andy
Andy, you must be gettin' angrier these days…. yer cussin' more lately than I've seen you do in YEARS!

I'm liking this new Andy character! ;) :s0140:

Last Edited:
Andy
I've done that myself. The truth is that many of the folks at buybacks are not there out of principle to see firearms removed from the streets. They have a firearm that they really don't use or want, they aren't sure about how to go about selling them, what they are worth and just want to take the road of least resistance to make a few bucks off it.

If you are willing to offer them real money for their hardwae and are willing to take their hand and walk them through a transfer, a fair number will be happy to take you up on it.

Planning ahead with a local FFL to anticipate you possibly swinging in for a transfer isn't a bad idea. Honestly though, I dunno why an enterprising FFL wouldn't be willing to set up shop in the parking lot with his computer, book and forms to run multiples on location. I'm not an FFL, and maybe there is some complication to doing that, but I've often wondered why you don't see, "transfers done here" signs on vehicles. 🤣

Andy, you must be gettin' angrier these days…. yer cussin' more lately than I've seen you do in YEARS!

I liking this new Andy character! ;) :s0140:
Dumb useless laws and or absurd situations , make for more Infantry Langague.
At one time I was highly proficient with such language...seems like that skill , which had long been dormant is awaking.
Not sure if this is the same as the popular notion of being "woke"...but I am fresh out of any fornications to give.... :D
Andy

Something else to consider here....
Is that this scheme of making a 3D printed firearm , just to turn in to a "buy back"....
Could easily be "spun" to purpose more laws against 3D printers or more traditional ways of making firearms or firearm parts.
Andy
It could be considered manufacturing firearms without an FFL and with the intention of profiting from the manufacturing.

@Andy54Hawken
Just in case you didn't know I was listening to Lars larson the other day and the term WOKE if used, the person saying it to be considered a RACIST
The LEFT CALLING OUT THE LEFT too funny

Dumb useless laws and or absurd situations , make for more Infantry Langague.
At one time I was highly proficient with such language...seems like that skill , which had long been dormant is awaking.
Not sure if this is the same as the popular notion of being "woke"...but I am fresh out of any fornications to give.... :D
Andy
Welp… I have realized that no matter how hard one tries, one doesn't truly kill the "infantry beast" lurking within, it merely hibernates (occasionally rumbles) and only awakens when the "weather" gets too warm.

It also may not be as good as it once was, but it's as good as it was once… and that'll do.

;)

@Andy54Hawken
Just in case you didn't know I was listening to Lars larson the other day and the term WOKE if used, the person saying it to be considered a RACIST
The LEFT CALLING OUT THE LEFT too funny
Fine, I'm a racists then… in general I despise the entire human race, with a few personal exceptions of course.

I'm still LMAOROTF over the term, "swole".

While many disagreed with me the first time I said this...I still stand by my statement.

Every time someone brings a gun to a "buy back" , even a homemade board and pipe to a 3D printed one...
It helps push the idea that these so called "buy backs" work.

I understand the notion of pulling a fast one on folks who are anti 2nd Amendment...
I just don't agree with turning in any firearms to a "buy back" .
Andy

NWFA1.jpg

The powers that be are getting wise to our tricks. Many buybacks won't accept "homemades" (2x4's with pipes) or 3D printed of various types. That guy was fortunate they accepted them, but once they realized what just happened they implemented policy changes and will no long accept them.

Not saying to abandon the idea, but to be aware that it's a crap shoot if the buyback you attend would actually accept or pay out for them.
So if they reject homemade or 3D printed guns, then are they really serious about getting "dangerous weapons" off the streets? The sniff test says "NO"…

I'm not sure I believe this hook and sinker, but... supposedly turned in 110 3D printed receivers in a NY buyback, then negotiated the per price to net $21k. After the fact, the AG's office released a statement that the greed and exploitation of the buyback program would not hinder them, but they would be changing their policies so that it doesn't happen again.

The question then comes up... if everything is a firearm now then why would they refuse to buyback any firearm?

Last Edited:

Ah, but they'll always buy back "ghost guns" and that is what 3D printing makes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top