JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ended up buying mine from Grafs. The ProChrono a good model too, get the IR screens for indoor use, they work great. Was also glad I purchased the usb cord and software for remote tablet / laptop. Able to check your data on a "big screen" in real time....

I received mine in the mail last week and used it today. I didn't get any extras, but I will be ordering the plastic cover for the front. I just wrote down the data on paper, it seemed pretty easy to read it from 10 feet out.

Just a note on IR Screens(sensors), they are a great benefit even if not shooting indoors. They provide a nice uniform light source for consistent readings and greater accuracy.

I use mine on just about every time I drag the chrono out with the exception of a nice bright sparkly day (yes, there are a few in the PNW). Nothing worse than changing light due to clouds, no clouds, then clouds again. There are a lot of good chrono's that have been condemned because of crappy lighting conditions. Not so with the IR sensors.

Well good to know. I had a little bit of an issue with the lighting yesterday. I will probably get IR screens shortly.

A tip for those that either use, or might use in the future, IR Sensor/screens, most all of them run on 6V. If power isn't readily available or you don't want to run an extension cord, a small rechargable 6V battery like that from a UPS or Motorcycle will last for a long time. Even a 6V "Lantern" battery with screw terminals can run the sensors for many sessions.

Also, if you wonder whether the "sensors" are working, the camera function on an ordinary Cell Phone will "reveal" the IR illumination from the emitter. Just turn on the camera, hold over the I/R emitter, and look for the bright light that will show on the screen. Saves a lot of frustration in trying to figure out why there are no speed readings.

Just an update. I used the prochrono today, and I was very pleased with my results. At first, I was just testing it out with my .22, and it was throwing significantly different readings, but I was not pointed directly at the sun. After a little cleaning to the sensors and getting it pointed in the right direction everything went great. I did quite a bit of testing for my 5.7 and everything seemed to work fine.

Just an update. I used the prochrono today, and I was very pleased with my results. At first, I was just testing it out with my .22, and it was throwing significantly different readings, but I was not pointed directly at the sun. After a little cleaning to the sensors and getting it pointed in the right direction everything went great. I did quite a bit of testing for my 5.7 and everything seemed to work fine.

Another tip passed around by other shooters, as well as one chronograph manufacturer. Use a tripod that has a head that will tilt in two directions. First, level the unit. Then incline the unit, side to side, for optimum lighting. Some may have the chronograph tilted up to 45 degrees left or right, depending on where the most steady light is coming from.

Another common "trick" is to blacken the bullet with a sharpie before shooting it. Supposedly increases the contrast of the bullet to the background so the sensors get a cleaner reading.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top