JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine is in the Hands of Ruger now & yesterday I was at the gun show here & I got a call from Magpul they say they are working with Ruger to fix the problem, so it seems other beside us are having problems too. Man I wish mine would have just worked out of the box. But maybe they will tune it up now so it works Great.

On the way home from the LGS, I ran about 60 rds thru mine (sn 21XX) using all 3 mags without any problems and it's got about a 100 thru it now still running good. It is really a soft shooter and so far hasn't been finicky about what it eats. Other than the trigger and the sloppy Tapco/Ruger stock I really like this SR. After 50 rds the accuracy began to pull down and I've gotten a couple of 3 rd groups below an inch. Mods so far include a Bravo B5 stock, replaced the flash hider, installed a BAD-*** ambi safety along with a Leupold VXR 3x9 scope and am going to install an ALG ACT trigger in it this week. Now it's time to watch for some ammo deals.

I've got 5 Rugers' and their Customer Service rep and "Made in the USA" just does it for me! I don't mind being one of the new gun "test mules" either as I know they'll make it right. Word of mouth goes a long way toward any companies success.

I've got 5 Rugers' and their Customer Service rep and "Made in the USA" just does it for me! I don't mind being one of the new gun "test mules" either as I know they'll make it right. Word of mouth goes a long way toward any companies success.

I own a few myself, but this is the first issue I've had with one, and only my second time(s) calling them. They seem to be interested in all the customer comments and input. I have faith in their service, even if my SR-762 has been away visiting them for a whole week now.

Mine is in the Hands of Ruger now & yesterday I was at the gun show here & I got a call from Magpul they say they are working with Ruger to fix the problem, so it seems other beside us are having problems too. Man I wish mine would have just worked out of the box. But maybe they will tune it up now so it works Great.

I may have to recall Magpul for a response. I emailed them and got an acknowledgement, but no contact.

Good day DP641, any word back from ruger yet?. :)

parralax! Hope your Thanksgiving was good. I called Ruger last Friday and spoke to a nice tech, who told me that my rifle was at the range as we spoke. They were trying to duplicate my issues and troubleshoot (no pun) the problem. He gave no timeline for its return, but I shall be calling later this week to inquire. Thanks for asking!

There are threads appearing on ARF.com and M4Carbine about the SR762 not functioning when using the new Gen3 Pmag. I bought one this weekend and verified the problem. It will not strip and feed a round properly from the mag. Mine has no problems with the Ruger furnished Gen2 Pmag's. I emailed Ruger and their response was "spray the inside of the mag with silicone spray and if the problem persists contact Magpul". So far the only response from Magpul was "we're out of the office". Gen 2 Pmags are very hard to come by since the Gen 3 was released. Gunbroker has some listed but be careful, lots of Gen 3 mags are being listed with the Gen 2 pictures. Ask the seller what he has!

I called Ruger again today to see where my Rifle was, in terms of 'repair'.
I got an emailled reply stating, "We are in the process of testing your firearm and we should be completing that test by week's end. At the time of completion, your firearm will be shipped back to your location. Thank you."
So, we'll see if I get if by Christmas. There was no opportunity to ask about the magazine correlation to my problem. I'll keep y'all informed.

Has anyone had any feeding or ejection problems with the Ruger SR-762 rifle? Or any other issues either for that matter?

yes, i just got a brand new SR-762 in. the feed ramps are clearly lined up wrong for the magpull mag, the rounds go crazy about half the time and get slammed into the star chamber instead of the barrel. it also has the worst extractor any of us has ever seen on a AR type platform. shooting federal m80ball NATO. this rifle simply put does not feed.
this is a design mistake or a serious mag issue, either way a terrible rifle when the fact that it wont load is taken into account. do not buy these rifles! they do not work.

Mine is Currently at Ruger but they are giving Me the Run Around right now, 3 weeks now & and they only tell Me they have it & it has not been worked on yet. Man I wish I had seen this post BEFORE I Got Mine too, NEVER AGAIN...........Personally I don't think they know how to fix it.

I got a call from Ruger late last week, that my rifle was done and they were sending it back. I actually have a tracking number, and while it was to be delivered today, it's delayed by the carrier until Wednesday. When I have it in my hot little hands, I will post something about what they said. Just wanted those of you who still have one returned to Ruger, that they are working on them. A call once a week couldn't hurt either.

You got Lucky with a call from them, they can't seem to to tell Me anything & I have called them the last 2 weeks to see if they have started on it. I contacted the dealer who sent it off & He made some headway for Me and they told him they are working on it if that is headway. I'm sure mine will be delayed too if they send it here because of Christmas. I hope they figured it out and fix it Right, Keep us posted on yours. For the price they want for these they should work right out of the box...

I would hope the perfect it like the 556. that one is top notch in every respect. Dead nutz accurate and buku rds now without a hiccup.

Did some Google searchin' and found 8 Gen 2 Pmags online. My 762 runs great with all of 'em. I picked up a KAC 2 stage trigger from an M4 forum seller for $125 and it took care of all of the trigger problems. The gun is a keeper for me.

Yesterday, I got my SR762 back from Ruger (NH). It is SO good to get it back in my hands! I was able to get to the range today and fire it a little, only 20 rounds, but it functions 100%. I am still not convinced, until I do another 2 range sessions at least. Ruger sent back 3 Pmags of the Gen 2, I'd guess as they have the black followers, and a bonus. Along with the Ruger stuff, I sent them my (Midway purchased) Pmags, Gen 3? with the OD green followers. With my permission, they swapped them for DMPS mags at 2 for 1! They said that they have found that the metal mags functioned well in my gun (and I'd guess others). So, what you may be curious about is, what was wrong with my rifle? Ruger said that there was a timing issue. I have no idea what that is/was. They also re-barreled it, then fired it with the mags, as above. I was satisfied that they took care of my issues, so I didn't press them further. At the time of their call, I was most interested in getting the thing back before Christmas (unlike Springfield and their XDs recall).

I will update when I use up more of my precious 7.62 stash with any issues or hopefully successes.

PS: Anyone know what a "timing issue" would be in an AR type rifle?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top