JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK tested & IT STILL DOES NOT WORK lol My friend at the gun shop is going to bring Me in a New Metal Mag in the morning to test & see if it is the Magpul Mags. I took a photo of one of the jams as the bolt is half way open and it did not feed the round but road over the top of it & stopped on the round.I bought 2 different brands of match ammo so it is not an ammo problem. I did notice the Mag drop just a hair as I pulled the bolt back so something is hanging up in there.

Terry, can you post your photo (or a link) on here as well? Mine is in the box already awaiting UPS, so I don't have the opportunity to photo my own, and would like to see if your "jam" appears to look the same.

It is in the 02400 range, Man it looks like most of the problem guns are on the West Coast for some Reason.

Terry do me a favor.... take your buffer spring out and stretch it some, re- install and try to run ammo with the charging handle. I think the buffer spring is too weak for the 308 BCG.

take your buffer spring out and stretch it some, re- install and try to run ammo with the charging handle. I think the buffer spring is too weak. I think that's all it is, the spring might not be heavy enough.

OK I just talked to Ruger and they say they are having a Mag Problem with some of the PMags that were sent out with the SR762, Now they gave Me a number for Magpul and I called it but got Voice Mail so we will see how long it takes them to call Me back. But Ruger says they are & will stand behind the gun 100% so we shall see. I will be picking up a Metal Mag to test out & see if that works on mine. Ruger says that they had other try this and the gun ran fine & wanted Me to do this to find out for sure it is not the gun but they do admit to a mag problem.

Terry, I took the buffer spring and stretched it out a bit, using the Pmag that was having the problem, I only had one round not cycle the first time, after the third 20 round mag no hang ups, all the rounds cycled. I think im going with a new buffer ST-T2 and spring

Does the gun ship from the factory with Magpul magazines?

Yes, it comes with 3 Pmags with black followers. Other goodies too. According to Ruger (my phone call to customer service last Wednesday) the black followers replace the green ones are were to correct a previous feeding issue. Apparently NOT in my rifle however.

OK I just talked to Ruger and they say they are having a Mag Problem with some of the PMags that were sent out with the SR762, Now they gave Me a number for Magpul and I called it but got Voice Mail so we will see how long it takes them to call Me back. But Ruger says they are & will stand behind the gun 100% so we shall see. I will be picking up a Metal Mag to test out & see if that works on mine. Ruger says that they had other try this and the gun ran fine & wanted Me to do this to find out for sure it is not the gun but they do admit to a mag problem.

I too called Magpul, who "denied" any Pmag problem, but did say they were aware or Ruger's issue. (see my previous post) I then sent an email, but only got a reply that they had received mine and would respond soon, due to the 'volume of emails'. Ruger, as you say, blame the magazines. I smell a buck passing.

Sounds like a runaround to me!

I wouldn't call it a runaround so much as a self-protective, or guarded response to the consumers (myself and others) and a concern for their liability in this 'new world'. Ruger seems intent on solving the problem, in my opinion. I've had good luck with their service before.

OK I got mine to work, I got a DPMS LR20 Steel Mag at first it would fire a round but not chamber a round after 2 or 3 rounds and turning the gas block to #3 it started cycling so I fire off about 20 rounds with no issue. I then put in My in the Magpul and BAM it did the same thing I messed with it for a few rounds and it started to cycle with an intermittent jam so I put the metal mag back in and fire of 10 or so fast rounds. I then put the Pmag back in and it fire fine. I'm not sure what is going on but it seems now to be working after about 80 rounds. Maybe it is a break in thing I'm not sure but for now it seems to be cycling fine with metal mag & much better with Pmag. I need to get more ammo to test it out more, But at least I got it working. They wanted Me to ship it back for a replacement but would I get a gun that ran? don't know so I'm going to hang onto it and put a few more rounds down range and if it keeps it up I'll send it in.

OH yea I stretched the spring a little too, like you said so I'm not sure which trick worked lol the Metal Mag or the Stretching, but it is working much better.

Good for you Terry!! Mine left on the jet plane today. I better get mine back (by serial number). I'm glad you got yours to function! Keep us posted, please. I'm no gunsmith or spring stretcher, so I'll continue to be a pain in the arrears to Ruger.

OK I got mine to work, I got a DPMS LR20 Steel Mag at first it would fire a round but not chamber a round after 2 or 3 rounds and turning the gas block to #3 it started cycling so I fire off about 20 rounds with no issue. I then put in My in the Magpul and BAM it did the same thing I messed with it for a few rounds and it started to cycle with an intermittent jam so I put the metal mag back in and fire of 10 or so fast rounds. I then put the Pmag back in and it fire fine. I'm not sure what is going on but it seems now to be working after about 80 rounds. Maybe it is a break in thing I'm not sure but for now it seems to be cycling fine with metal mag & much better with Pmag. I need to get more ammo to test it out more, But at least I got it working. They wanted Me to ship it back for a replacement but would I get a gun that ran? don't know so I'm going to hang onto it and put a few more rounds down range and if it keeps it up I'll send it in.

OH yea I stretched the spring a little too, like you said so I'm not sure which trick worked lol the Metal Mag or the Stretching, but it is working much better.

Glad to see them working, mine cycles with all mags and my X25 50 Round drum works flawlessly. Let us know what they find. If its something major, mine will go back just because.

OK I went out & played with it today & it is still not consistent enough with even the Metal Mag & not at all with the Pmags it came with so it go's off for them to fix. I figure for the kind of money I spent on it better to get it fixed the right way now instead of messing with it down the road when I want to go have fun shooting it. So I'm boxing it up in the morning and off to RMA Land it go's. Ruger did not Flinch at fixing it & that's a good thing. Customer Service keeps you in Business when you screw up.

I have about 100 rounds & that's not counting the rounds that it ATE for Lunch. I'm sending a few rounds that got tore up with the gun so they can look them over. I was hoping it would start cycling but that is just not the case at least consistently, so off it go's so maybe I can get it back in a week or 2 and it will run good.

I have about 100 rounds & that's not counting the rounds that it ATE for Lunch. I'm sending a few rounds that got tore up with the gun so they can look them over. I was hoping it would start cycling but that is just not the case at least consistently, so off it go's so maybe I can get it back in a week or 2 and it will run good.

Thanks Terry (for the info). I've fired maybe 80+. I was able to "slam chamber" the jammed rounds, except one. I took this one apart to see what the round looked like (like a little kid). The cases in all my jams were due to that tilting during feeding, and somewhat dinged up by the lugs. But they were encouraged to chamber and did fire. Ruge rreceived my rifle this morning after UPS "left it at a UPS facility" along the way. I'm just whining now, but this seemed improper, considering the nature of my package (GUN). I'll post with any pertinant news about my repair results.

I have a SR 762 with both Ruger supplied and aftermarket pmags. As with all new weapons I disassembled , cleaned , lubed and reassembled the rifle. I fired each of the 6 mags twice through the weapon without failure, 240 rounds. I fired 1970 Lake City match and a few rounds of Federal match. There was not a stutter, failure to feed or extract, nothing. My rifle has a serial number below 2000.

Did the same here with the cleaning, but like the others I had failure to feed. Seems my issue was the buffer spring, after break in, I've fired 300 rounds with 3 no fires, but I think that was due to one of the timney trigger pins falling out. I'm happy with the ruger now that it goes bang.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top