JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Successfully resized 26 pieces of range brass that 8 dug out from the dungeon.... I am getting the SIL's brass done as I type.
The Lee turret is doing the job but there are some cases that take a bit more umph than others.....
I also got some lanolin and am warming it up to mix....
Should I spray some on me nips before using on the brass? Lol

View attachment 350156
Remember there's two "kinds" of lanolin.. one can be mixed with alcohol (gigity) and the other does not..

Successfully resized 26 pieces of range brass that 8 dug out from the dungeon.... I am getting the SIL's brass done as I type.
The Lee turret is doing the job but there are some cases that take a bit more umph than others.....

View attachment 350156
Oh dear Gawd....

Caveman, I think you have a force issue.

I'm going to go try and resize a .308 brass in my Lee hand press and I'll let you know how that goes in a little while.

in the mean time why don't you...
Put the .243 die in the turret head and see if it's easier to size. Leverage is your friend here and doing that in the turret press won't hurt anything. The short handle and non-compounding linkage in that little single stage probably isn't doing you any favors.

Regarding lube...
You are fine. The Lee cream in the tube works really well. Don't chase the unicorn thinking lube is the problem. Not enough lube and the case is stuck, with no stuck case reports from you, I'm thinking that's just fine.

Homebrew case lube.
Spray, leave cases out to flash off the alcohol then size. it's cheap and a little lasts a long time. It's not so important to keep it out of the case because it's not petroleum based so it's not going to react and kill the powder if any gets on it. It also leaves your hands soft if you get enough on them.
Thanks for sharing your recipe. I may try that out sometime!

View attachment 350156
oh dear God..
Pure Lanolin only. No nipple cream.

But you did not stipulate a difference... and I did not know therel was one...
And it says pure lanolin on the package....
Aye, if it's pure lanolin and no additives. I mean if it's safe for the pepperonis and babies then it's going to be fine for brass. Just make sure the alcohol has flashed off before running in dies or you will get hydraulic denting.

This product is by far the cheapest to buy to get you bang for buck.
Amazon.com: Now Foods Liquid Lanolin Pure, 4 Ounce: Health & Personal Care

Aye, if it's pure lanolin and no additives. I mean if it's safe for the pepperonis and babies then it's going to be fine for brass. Just make sure the alcohol has flashed off before running in dies or you will get hydraulic denting.

This product is by far the cheapest to buy to get you bang for buck.
Amazon.com: Now Foods Liquid Lanolin Pure, 4 Ounce: Health & Personal Care
So you just clean the brass by tumbling with the stainless pins?

What if you don't have a fancy stainless pin tumbler? How do you clean off the brass? Wipe it down with alcohol?

So you just clean the brass by tumbling with the stainless pins?

What if you don't have a fancy stainless pin tumbler? How do you clean off the brass? Wipe it down with alcohol?

That would work well, I've done that before. I bath and swirl the brass in alcohol, pour the alcohol back into a container that's used just for that and seal it for next time. Even a dry micro-fiber cloth will remove residual lube from the outside.

A Harbor Freight lapidary tumbler works just as well too.

I

View attachment 350156

My wife is a nurse as well as a lactation consultant..... She already has decided that I am one sandwich shy of a full picnic.... I don't think I am going to show her this thread least she decide that I can't play with guns without adult supervision :eek::rolleyes:

I think one is anhydrous and the other isn't.. I'm pretty sure the one you want is pure and liquid, not thick stuff.
Also of late, it seems more guys are using HEET (I think the red bottle) instead of isopropyl alcohol (maybe it's stronger.. I don't know)..

I was looking at all the different types last night and the anhydrous was the most relevant. Pure with no additives is what is needed for case lube (what was quoted on a video).
Thanks.;)

I

My wife is a nurse as well as a lactation consultant..... She already has decided that I am one sandwich shy of a full picnic.... I don't think I am going to show her this thread least she decide that I can't play with guns without adult supervision :eek::rolleyes:

They seem to think all men are the same too.... lol
My wife is in HC also but she gets a kick out of some things that I deem most worthy on this forum..... others I hope she never ever finds.... lol

Well I do believe I'm going to have to trying take apart the rock chucker reloadig special apart and clean it up a little and maybe I can get that thing to resize some large cartidges better, that Lee turret is the cats man I'm telling ya.;)

Well I do believe I'm going to have to trying take apart the rock chucker reloadig special apart and clean it up a little and maybe I can get that thing to resize some large cartidges better, that Lee turret is the cats man I'm telling ya.;)
Check this out....looks like it just got listed today...
ARMSLIST - For Sale: Reloading stuff good price
That's a Rockchucker (compound linkage) sitting there....in Graham, WA....taking offers
Other cool stuff too !

Could be a Gold Mine for somebody.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top