JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's up guy? have a question about my new ar. I traded for it like 6 months ago and never got around to shooting it. Finally got it out today and the rifle won't cycle. When firing the bolt doesn't even come back. When I did got it it had a low pro gas block and I had a gun smith put on a railed high rise gas block. Is the gas tube just unaligned? Best way to check it? It's an Anderson am15

Sounds like gas tube, gas block issue. If you don't know how to work on it, take it to a qualified gunsmith, maybe somewhere that has a range or place to test function.

If you've fired it, the scorch marks under the gas block should tell the story. Also, the gas block may have come loose. :eek: Put BLUE Loc-Tite on all of the screw threads.;)

Buy yourself an AR manual and invest in a few tools. The beauty of the system is, you can do 90% of the work yourself. :D

Take a length of aquarium tubing. Push in onto the end of the gas tube in the upper receiver.
Can you blow through it? Is it restricted?

Do the same to the carrier gas block with the bolt removed. Is it blocked or restricted?

Do you have gas rings on the bolt?

Well the gas block seemed a little too far forward. Probably be weeks before I get the chance to take it out again but I'll give those a try in the mean time thanks. I do have gas rings on the bolt and the holes are staggered

image.jpg Low block is already gone. I Changed the block since I won't have a rifle without iron sights. I think I got it now just need to find some time to try it.

YUP! Know how you feel.:confused: Brother took his into one here and the guy couldn't even trouble
shoot a reversed hammer spring.:mad:

That's why it pays to invest in a good book and a few tools. Personally, I found a "Chopstick" with a .223 case over one end handy for bumping take-down pins out.;)

YUP! Know how you feel.:confused: Brother took his into one here and the guy couldn't even trouble
shoot a reversed hammer spring.:mad:

That's why it pays to invest in a good book and a few tools. Personally, I found a "Chopstick" with a .223 case over one end handy for bumping take-down pins out.;)

Capn Jack, do you have any suggestions for a good book to cover the AR platform and it's mechanisms?

I do, the whole series of AR books by Patrick Sweeney. I think there are 4 volumes. Read those 4 and there is no way you won't have a better understanding of the AR platforms

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top