JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So this evening we went to the range for a bit of fun with the 9mm's, the GSG rifle, and the Ruger Single Six .22 of my grandfathers I just purchased from my brother.

I was shooting the GSG and it was awesome, as always. I loaded up a magazine, inserted it into the magwell, pulled the trigger, and enjoyed the expected result. However, when I pulled the trigger again, nothing happened! I waited for a minute with the muzzle pointed downrange in case of a hangfire, then I analyzed the situation. The next round was chambered and ready to go, but when I pulled the trigger nothing happened. If I dropped the mag, removed the round, and chambered another (thereby cocking it again) it fired fine, but only for one round. So it's not a FTF or a FTE, but rather a failure to...I'm not sure.

Any insight would be great!

Meh, I have it happen often enough... For me, it always seems like bad ammo. The GSG's trigger stuff doesn't get gunked up enough to cause a problem from what I've seen, and the firing pin stays fine enough under rough situations.

I tossed 500+ rounds through it with a suppressor on it (makes it dirtier), and it was firing fine at the end.

I had three rounds (non sequential) FTF in one mag on my GSG-5 and they all were from an old box of Remington that I was getting rid of. Switched to the Winchester rounds and no problems. Bad ammo does happen, especially in the rimfire stuff.

A thought- is there a chance similiar malf to ar15 w/ 22 conversion? Enough energy to cycle and rechamber, not not leave the hammer cocked?

Sounds like a light strike issue. I still have it happen to mine every mag or so and the gun is always cleaned after every use. I put in the new firing pin from ATI and it still happens too. I just deal with it and have to pick up the unfired rounds in the grass so I don't forget and run over them with a lawnmower. Soak the bolt after every use. Also, I think sometime the hammer hits the return springs and that is what causes that type of FTF. I now just consider my GSG another picky toy and deal with it.

Thanks for the replies guys. I've never cleaned it, that will be my first step. It's not a light strike issue, there's not even the faintest of a mark on the round and the trigger doesn't 'pull' like it should. The ammo was from a Federal bulk pack purchased at Bi-Mart less than a year ago. I put it in my Ruger Single Six and it fired just fine.

I'll be in touch :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top