JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've always used Pyramid Air for BB/pellet gun stuff but figured I'd try Airgun Depot out. So far big mistake.

Placed an order on Friday for your standard issue Crosman 2100B rifle and 1/2 dozen different styles of pellets. Stock up for back porch shooting gallery you know.

Everything in my cart showed in stock and ready to ship. Cool, fired off Paypal figured it would ship Monday.
Get an email from Airgun Depot this morniong, "some of your items are backordered."
Look it up, everything is backordered! Not just one or two boxes of pellets. Every single item.

Whatever, email to cancel the order, generic auto response pings back.
Ok, call to cancel the order.....This is where it starts to get under my skin.
Hold......hold.....5 minutes go by. AH FINALLY someone answers. Give them order#, please hold........another 3 minutes go by. Someone else pickes up the line,wtf?
Did you cancel my order? What order sir? Sigh, give them the order number again. Of course, please hold....tick tock, tick tock.
They never get back to me! Just left me on hold.

So now what?
I've emailed them, called and requested several times to cancel my order and they seem to just ignore my requests.
Thier website shows in stock and ready to ship, shows in stock when you place the order.

Pretty damn poor service if you ask me. I'm sending AirgunDepot a paypal invoice for the $100+ I wasted trying to give them some business.
I'll never use them again. I understand how inventory levels work, sometimes things sell out. But just blowing my requests off really chaps my hide.

Pyramid Air would never treat customers this way.
If something is backordered they email you right away and ask if you'd like something else or to simply drop the line item.
Last time they didn't have the pellets I wanted they gave 3 boxes of a different brand for free and waived the shipping. Not bad at all.

Hi

First let me apologize to you for the experience you had. It's definitely not how we normally handle things. Also we use real time inventory so unless there was a major issue with our website when you ordered all the items shouldn't be out of stock. Occasionally and item that says it is in stock will not be but it would be very unusual for all items to be out of stock. I imagine whoever sent the email to you forgot to delete the items that were in stock off of the email template.

We record all calls and I'd love the chance to make this right for you. I just need to get your email address you used to place the order and I can look everything up for you.

Please let me know and I can get this straightened out for you.

Thanks

Scott

Awsome!!!

You guys are on here. Thanks for replying Scott.

Still haven't heard back from any of your customer service reps. I'd guess I've email them about a dozen times now so I don't know what going on.

Paypal sent me a notice last night that I've somehow authorized a second payment of $93.06 to Airgun Depot?

So....I'm afraid bieng billed twice for a cancelled order. Crosman 2100B rifle and pellets were not in stock which is fine. Stuff happens.

Hoping this is just a wierd technical snafu and you guys will refund my paypall account. Never used Airgun Depot so I was getting worried.

Sorry, I forgot to update.
Yes they did eventully get me a refund. It's still not clear why they charged me after I cancelled the order. Guessing it was a clerical error.
I did get a refund from Airgun depot and recieved my full order from Pyramid Air in a couple days.

I've always shopped with Airgun Depot and Ill tell you why. When I order a rifle they put it in a box and send it to me and that's all I want. With the other dealers there is another charge they call it ten for ten.This means right down the line you pay ten dollars more. If you don't pay good luck trying to warranty anything and they will probably stick you with a gun that didn't pass the test. The manufacture packs the barrel with cosmoline to protect it from rust and corrosion during shipping this needs to be cleaned out before firing do they do this. how do you know? If I want children to open and brake my stuff Ill give it to the neighbor kid he'll do it for free and at least I know his name. Me iv'e been totally satisfied with Airgun Depot and cant see any reason to shop anywhere else.

Wow, bringing back the thread from the dead huh.

I've always shopped with Airgun Depot and Ill tell you why. When I order a rifle they put it in a box and send it to me and that's all I want. With the other dealers there is another charge they call it ten for ten.This means right down the line you pay ten dollars more. If you don't pay good luck trying to warranty anything and they will probably stick you with a gun that didn't pass the test. The manufacture packs the barrel with cosmoline to protect it from rust and corrosion during shipping this needs to be cleaned out before firing do they do this. how do you know? If I want children to open and brake my stuff Ill give it to the neighbor kid he'll do it for free and at least I know his name. Me iv'e been totally satisfied with Airgun Depot and cant see any reason to shop anywhere else.

If Airgun Depot just put my order in a box and shipped it to me this thread wouldn't exist.

The point of this post was their website showed in stock but they didn't ship a simple order.

And after they didn't ship my order it took about 2 weeks of work on my behalf to get it corrected along with being charged for the entire backorder.

Eventually did work it out but not my typical online shopping experience.

Nope.

Didn't pay for shipping or sales tax either, never have.
They throw in a couple tins off free pellets on all my orders too.

Pyramid has always offered me free ground shipping on orders over $99.

With Airgun Depot you have to spend $179 to get free shipping.

Never heard of this "ten for ten" charge you keep talking about.

Doesn't make any sense.

No worry's man it's all good. Airgun Depot is fine, I still buy stuff from them.

Check out Archer airguns sometime for something a little different. Small 1 man operation.
Bought a couple rifles from him (Archer) and they're not bad at all for sub $200 rifles. 1 pump, 1 bulk Co2.

Little heavier than most air guns but easily modified for light trigger pull and the peep sights are accurate.

Nice guy to deal with.

I just bought a hammers scope from Archer. It can be set to nine power at five yards really great for close range. They sell a xcisco .22 barrel kit but its on backorder so I'm waiting. I want to try it on my Rugger air magnum.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top