JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i recently got a g30 and the mag release on it sticks quite aways out more then the one on my G27, I carry IWB and it some how once or twice a day some how during my activities gets pressed against my body some how and releases the mag... which as we all know is BAD... the other day I was at my parents house and was going to show my dad the new sites i put on and what do you know the mag was not there but sitting in my drivers seat... luckily it hasn't happened in public but i know it will...

So does the mag release stick out farther on the G30? or is there some replacement i can get??:confused::confused:

I have a glock 30 as well have not had my mags coming loose yet but have noticed that the mag release lever is a little long. I am going to take my dremel to mine to make it more like my G23.

I've found a few Glock holsters designs are prone to doing this, some are not. You may want to take a look at something like a Glock made sport/combat holster.

There ya go - Sure sounds like the holster, not the mag release. Then again, it couldn't hurt to file it down a little until it matches your G27.

But I'm surprised than John Gault has had the same problem - I'm a lefty too, and in a LH Kydex/leather holster the mag button is tucked away under a hard shell and can't possibly be pressed.

the question i haven't seen asked is did you buy this new or used? if used somebody might have installed a extended mag release? if new most of the early guns don't stick out as far. the new ones do on most of the glocks.

I've had the same issue with my G30 (Gen 2.5) but it's been a rare event. I noticed that the problem only occured when I sat against something solid with my full weight, and it happened less and less often as the leather of my holster (Supertuck) started to break in. There's a definite depression in the leather where the mag release rests against it. The "surprise" release hasn't happened for, oh, at least a year or more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top