JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a Rock River Arms AR-15 from an out of state dealer and it's been on backorder for close to 60 days now and has finally shipped.. or so is claimed.

I'm a little concerned because the company I purchased the rifle from is very new and I cant find much feedback on them. I wont mention the companies name here in case this is just me being paranoid.. but I am concerned because I told them I would be canceling the order after 60 days so I could dispute the transaction if there was a problem.. 60 days is coming up in a few days.. and as soon as I contacted them they claimed the rifle had just arrived that day and would be shipping in the morning.

The next morning (today) all I received was a shipping notification from the seller saying the rifle has shipped but nothing including tracking information which was promised to me twice by phone and a few times through email.. The answer I recieved seems a little strange because I thought the label on all UPS packages contained the tracking number and you didn't need to scan them for the sender to have the tracking.. here is his response:

My question: The tracking # isn't showing up for some reason could you get back to me on this?

His response:

I'm having the same issue with all the packages I'm shipping due to UPS using part time drivers because of Christmas. They don't have scanners so it wont show up until it's processed through a main facility.

Is this response valid? Thx for your time.

I recently purchased a Rock River Arms AR-15 from an out of state dealer and it's been on backorder for close to 60 days now and has finally shipped.. or so is claimed.

I'm a little concerned because the company I purchased the rifle from is very new and I cant find much feedback on them. I wont mention the companies name here in case this is just me being paranoid.. but I am concerned because I told them I would be canceling the order after 60 days so I could dispute the transaction if there was a problem.. 60 days is coming up in a few days.. and as soon as I contacted them they claimed the rifle had just arrived that day and would be shipping in the morning.

The next morning (today) all I received was a shipping notification from the seller saying the rifle has shipped but nothing including tracking information which was promised to me twice by phone and a few times through email.. The answer I recieved seems a little strange because I thought the label on all UPS packages contained the tracking number and you didn't need to scan them for the sender to have the tracking.. here is his response:

My question: The tracking # isn't showing up for some reason could you get back to me on this?

His response:

Is this response valid? Thx for your time.

The best way to find out if that is a BS answer is to call UPS.

Sounds like BS to me, I *just* ordered some parts from midway and they shipped UPS with tracking numbers. Also 60 days is effin ridiculous, RRA things should ship within a week, I haven't heard of any stock problems for RRA rifles. If it doesn't show up in a week, dispute the transaction with your credit card company.

I would say if you dont have a tracking number within two days you should call your credit card company and cancel the transaction.

Why did you have to pay in full at the time of the order being taken? It seems that RRA would take the order, and notify for payment right before they build the gun, if they are truely 2 months out!

The way I see it, you have 2 other companies you can call to confirm the situation. UPS and RRA.

If I were you, I would demand some answers fast. :(

I had a Gunbroker seller go through all sorts of convoluted excuses as to why he couldn't provide me a USPS (not UPS) tracking number when I purchased a Yugoslavian Mosin PU about a year ago. I did receive the rifle in a timely fashion...about one week...and all was in order. I just couldn't figure out the unwillingness to provide a tracking number. I hope your situation works out as well as mine did, but I have to agree with the others here, it does sound a bit odd..

Keith

Dispute it asap with your credit card company. If they in fact did ship it they will provide proof to you and the card company. If they provide proof of shipping to the card company they will pay them unless you once again dispute it and tell them you did not recieve it. Your card company will inform you of all correspondence.

I wouldn't be too worried about the tracking number. I recently bought something out of state from an online retailer and i didn't receive the tracking number until the day before the item arrive even though it took a week to get here.

I guess check reviews of the company and see how reputable they are but probably calling UPS is a good idea just to double check.

My brother is a UPS driver - I'll just asked him and he said you called BS correctly. Even the few temp drivers that they hire have scanners - they have 2 sets of scanners just in case and they also have another batch of the last generation of scanners for worst case scenario. The guy should have given you an accurate tracking number that should show as "billing information received" once the label is printed. He did say that several one or two person businesses will print their labels during the week as they package but only ship once or twice a week though. The day the package is actually shipped it should show up in the system with an estimated arrival time by midnight that day (99% of the time) Once the packages are back at the distribution center they will be scanned into the system as they are loaded on to the appropriate truck headed your way. When the truck is closed the trailer barcode is scanned it will show the estimated arrival date, etc. This time of year there are a few packages that slip through the cracks when they have to split loads, etc. but it should still show the initial in route status with arrival estimate.

He still should be able to give you the tracking # and more importantly the serial# for the AR he's sending you. If he can't, he's playing you.

You can also open a dispute regardless, AR shows up, inform Visa / MC, dispute resolved. If it doesn't show it's on him to prove why they should re-release funds to him and you're protected if he can't.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads