JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I have often said ...Those cartridge guns will never catch on...:eek::D

Just kidding...It is a major bummer getting NIB gun and having problems from the first shot...I look forward to hearing how this issue is resolved.
Andy

dont F with it. its a brand new gun and cimmaron needs to fix it.

if youre anything like me, it PAINS me not to F with something to fix it and ive been there before.i know the feeling. (maybe not what YOU are feeling but just "the feeling" in general)

seriously, its the hardest thing for me not to try to fix something. just let cimmaron do it up right.

I hear you. I am the same way; if a piece of equipment is not working, I can't help but fix it. That said, since this thing literally failed on shot number one, it is going back to the manufacturer. I'm going to give Cimarron a ring tomorrow and UPS it back. If it is of interest, I'll report what they find.

And to Andy's point, that's what I get for being an "early adopter" of this new-fangled technology. :s0112:

That is a nice looking pistol..........(like my Colt 1877 lightning) every time I get squishy and think some off shore clone might be ok.......something like this comes up and reminds me why not to even consider it. My original Colt is over 100 years old and still works like a Swiss watch. I think I paid 600.00 for it a few years ago.....not any more than a cheep clone.

Minor update on this ...

The Good: It is covered by their warranty completely. As it was bought less than 30-days ago, they pay for shipping both directions, which is a nice policy. (I don't remember many manufacturers I've dealt with doing that for new, but non-working gun.)

The Bad: It has taken lots of back and forth since Monday to get an RMA and a return label out of them. For the life of me, I don't know why this was so difficult for them.

The Ugly: The UPS hub is an hour round trip from here. I head up this afternoon and find they absolutely, positively, refuse to take the package. Why? The label says "2nd Day Air" not "Next Day Air". So, back to dealing with Cimarron. Or if they aren't helpful, I'll just next day air on my own dime as I have the RMA and all the other information.

Anywho, it will be interesting to see what the find once it actually gets back.

Last Edited:
Just an update on this. I received the revolver back today. The note contained with it reads "— Recontour FP to not stick in primers".

wheelfixed.jpg

Bizarrely it took longer (close to two weeks) to get a RMA and return label that would work with UPS than it was to get it fixed and returned. Depending on the weather and other factors, I might give it a test shoot tomorrow.

I wanted an SAA, and wanted it in 45lc, as I figured it should be. But caliber consolation and all that, makes me wonder if I should "accept" one in .38

I have to say, I want the old ''classic" look, whatever that is, in I think 5.5 barrel, but don't want to spend much (same old, right?)

I went up to the home range this morning and shot up about half a box of cartridges. There were no issues of any kind, so it appears to be fixed. Thanks again to those who replied on this troubleshooting thread. :)

I don't understand, did it just scab over and heal? I must have missed something.

Likely it's a broken hand spring. It will require complete disassembly to remove the cylinder and render it safe. Thankfully it's not to difficult. Please resist any ham fisted attempts involving pliers and wd40.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads