JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Taurus PT140 that I bought Used. I checked it out pretty thoroughly and it looked fine. As I pulled it out today to shoot, I noticed that the rear sight was not centered on the slide. Then I noticed it was loose. I tried to take an allen wrench to tighten it a bit, but it wouldn't budge. When I tried to back it out to remove the sight the allen wrench started clicking as I turned. It's not grabbing the edges of the hex nut. It's stripped out!

1. How do I go about getting it to come out?
2. Does anyone know where I can get relatively inexpensive replacement sights? Budgets a little tight right now.

Thanks guys!

Try a slightly larger Allen, or buy an EZ-Out to remove it. Sights are widely available through Brownells, Cheaper Than Dirt, Midway, et al online. I skip buying locally because the prices are typically better online, even with shipping - and, I can find what I'm looking for without having to put up with a sales pitch...

Let's not forget my favorite option, don't mess with it further & send it back to Taurus for free warranty repair. There is the real possibility that you will invalidate the gun's lifetime warranty if you do anything less than perfect work. Call Taurus & see if you can just mail the slide from the gun, that should only cost about $6.00 in a small priority mail box.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top