JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So a few months back I decided to purchase a Kahr CM9 to replace my Keltec P11 I figured that it was thinner and lighter plus the better trigger allow for a little more accuracy.

I bought the gun and cleaned it thoroughly and as advised by kahr forum I sat on the couch and racked the slide a bunch of times before taking it to the range

I ran into a small problem where a burr on the slide was tearing up the poly fame and making the pistol hard to rack after a little filing with a jewelers file the gun was smooth and I was ready for the range

I took it out and fired 300 plus rounds from it including some hollow points and the gun functioned fine as long as I followed kahrs instructions to load the mag in with the slide back and chamber it with the slide release.

NOW for the problem I went to the range this weekend, the gun was loaded 6 +1 with hollow points and in my carry holster I pulled it and fired one round fine then the next trigger pull was met with silence. I noticed that the mag was out about a ¼ inch. At this point I smacked the mag and racked the slide only to find that my next round was jammed nose down which makes sense because Kahr says that you can only chamber the first round in the mag with the slide release.

I’m sure that some guys would ask why does the mag pop loose? And I will say that it was either my grip or maybe my holster which I will be looking into.

What I want to know is what should I do in the case of a dud first round? Assuming that I can fix the accidental mag release problem?

Is there a fix for the Kahr magazine problem? I have heard the the Promag followers have a different design and function better but they only come in 7 round extended mags (too long).

For now this gun is going back in the safe and my old keltec will have to work.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

i found that the recoil spring can only be installed one way with open end at the front of the barrel, check yours

I just checked it and it was installed correctly. I also checked my leather holster and if I put enough pressure at the right angle I can pop the mag loose.

but I still have the problem of running 6 +1 and getting a jamb if i need to eject the first round like a bad primer type situation.

thanks,
BUICK

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews