JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was going to ask the ages of this group. If these folks are anywhere near your age, it's really a sad deal. Mature adults don't behave the way you're describing. I would think, from your description, the rest of the group would be younger than 40, even late 20s.

I'm not a hunter. Oh, I'd love to go to hunting camp, back a few years ago. No hunting for me. You got to be crazy to go through that for "Meat" I can buy meat in the store with no work. Any way, being in the heart of potland. I don't even like being in the grocery store with those types. I couldn't imagine what it would be like for even a moderate conservative in a group like that for a week. Or whatever.

violent minded leftist democrats wishing harm/sickness in the white house. I had hunted deer with them about 14 days ago. I left early from the deer hunt, in part; because of their hostile and violent discussions.

Loaned out some of my equipment for the deer hunt, feed that very well, and today my equipement came back damaged. That Elk hunt starts in about 10 days. Thinking of jumping ship, really can not stomach the violent Pdx Liberal conversations; and am thinking of going elsewhere. Are there general season hunts available on the East Side? Or, am I locked into the group leader/party hunt now because we draw the area tags? Ideas? I do not think I can stomach their political hostility.
Where do you have tags to? If it works out, I may have a spot in my wall tent for you. PM for details. We try and keep it to hunting stories and shenanigans, politics are avoided. Sorry, read the whole thread...wrong unit. Best of luck!

TDK -

If you are still planning on this hunt would like to extend an offer of a meetup and some assistance!

I am known by enough on this forum in the hope they will respond with a positive 'profile' of me to give you some security!

I just posted for a hunter with a tag for 234x and or try the general season in Eastern Oregon if that is available.

2nd Season for E.OR is an open season. It's in early NOV.

What I'm not sure of is if you can buy a second season that when you already have a tag. I don't think so.... Not sure if you can turn in your tag in order to buy the second season tag, but if interested in doing that, better check it out soon!!

The vocal violent types were late 20s to early 60's and lived in the heartland of Pdx.

I've found that radical leftism, and TDS in particular, cut across all age lines.

TDK -

If you are still planning on this hunt would like to extend an offer of a meetup and some assistance!

I am known by enough on this forum in the hope they will respond with a positive 'profile' of me to give you some security!

Thanks. I am thinking of whether or not I am going to do this alone now given the circumstances, but may want to talk to you on the phone if if I travel that way meet up/ Much thanks...

I would cut loose of the situation quickly and quitely. Loss of any material items would be a non-issue for me, and chalked up to lessons learned.

It all sounds like a very dangerous situation, and I wouldn't for a minute continue further association with the group.

I actively avoid potential dangerous situations, which is why I haven't set foot in downtown commy land for almost a year.

Get up extra early and make the coffee. Add urine (your's or doe-in-heat) and "cream" for good measure.

Not really. Ditch 'em and lose their numbers.

The vocal violent types were late 20s to early 60's and lived in the heartland of Pdx.

People who watch every mainstream media they can. And believe it to be the truth.
:Sigh:

And my comment about hunters being crazy....It's not as a cut, or meant derogatorily. I'm jealous actually. But fun in camp sound great. Fun on foot out in the woods? Too much work, that's all.

I can buy meat in the store with no work.

Not this kind, you can't.

67228BD5-F0A0-4311-98C7-7EB445B6E551.jpeg

P

I like it a lot. It's not big or heavy. It has a SOS button if I run into trouble.
I have the Recreation Plan. There is a $25 subscription fee (each year) and $15 for each month that I use it. You can turn it off for the months you're not using it so you won't be charged. With the lowest price Freedom Plan, you do have a very small amount of free text messages. It's 50 cents for each text message after you use up your free messages. But the good news is that you have 3 Preset messages that you can send unlimited times for free. Each message you send will also include a link to the Garmin site with a map of where your location.
My first message is "I'm OK". It's addressed to the wife and my kids. I send it about every 4 hours while I'm out. My third message is, "I may be in trouble - Stand By".
There is also a tracking feature that sends out your location every 10 minutes. But battery usage increases. Right now, I find with the tracking mode on and sending out a preset message every 4 hours(during the day), my battery will last about 3 days. With the tracking mode on, people with the password can access your map on the Garmin site and see where you are within the 10 minute window.
I have it connected to my iPhone via Bluetooth so I can send text messages thru the InReach. 160 characters max per text. I figure if I'm in moderate trouble (flat tire 20 miles from paved road), screw the 50 cents! I'm texting!
My plan is that I will turn it off at the end of hunting season and turn it on when hiking season begins. So there is a cost to use it but I think it's worth having during those times I'm outside of cell phone coverage and on my own. I was thinking of even taking it with me while traveling. It's legal to use in Canada and Europe.

Looks like Garmin may be phasing out this model because most stores do not have it in stock, perhaps to make way for new model as skuttlebut.

I'm sorry that short minded people wished evil, I use my power of voting to change the direction and hopefully the ones I vote for win. We need to not be radical on either side, we need to get closer to the middle leaving radicalism to there minority status.
I would not hunt with people I don't know and trust and in my view people who have guns and wish harm to our voted in leaders no matter what side you stand on are criminals.
Our diversity makes us great without the need to wish bad on others.

Looks like Garmin may be phasing out this model because most stores do not have it in stock, perhaps to make way for new model as skuttlebut.
I was looking at those as an emergency com device when hunting the ranch near Maupin. There was no cell service for miles. They looked like a good solution, but then when they got high speed internet in Maupin a couple years ago there was suddenly 5 bar AT&T service all over the ranch. Now I'm also able to use onX Hunt everywhere too.

I sent over a very diplomatic text to the party leader that I was not able to make the trip. I told him I enjoyed the previous deer hunt and the good food. Wished they success and looked forward to being him again hunting or fishing. I just might be traveling on my own in that hunt area. Making a few good contacts on this thread.

I had a good friend who started out as my doctor, in time he became my hunting partner and one of my fishing buddies. We never had to set rules, but not once did we talk of "problems" nor did we use cell phones. We would go out in search of birds or fish and chat about any number of things but never politics, religion, or "problems." He died a few years ago, now I hunt and fish alone, as my other fishing buddy has become obsessed with politics.

There is a time and place for "problems" and politics, but not in the fields, forests, or upon the waters. The time we spend in pursuit of game should be a restorative time, free of the issues of daily life.

I'd do 2nd seasons otc in eastern Oregon If you haven't purchased the other tag.
Don't let an elk season go to waste.
We Only Get so many opening mornings.
Learn new area, have fun.
Or let it all out and tell them you are a Trump supporter or just don't like their left ideology and don't want to hear it....Which won't happen.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top