JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The better Carhartt Jacket is the "Blanket lined" as it is tougher than the polyester fill closer to a horseblacket or heavey felt material. If you combine that with a red or black lined overall (Bibs) that COULD put a strain on the bullet performance.
How do you know these things?o_Oo_Oo_O
Never mind,I don't want to know

Lots of wearing of the material and knowing how it performs in REALLY ROUGH situations.
I'm only soft now in my late 60s, I used to be lean and a rough contender on the waters of Alaska in ALL seasons. NOT ON A CRAB BOAT so don't put me in the same frame as Deadliest Catch.

Lots of wearing of the material and knowing how it performs in REALLY ROUGH situations.
I'm only soft now in my late 60s, I used to be lean and a rough contender on the waters of Alaska in ALL seasons. NOT ON A CRAB BOAT so don't put me in the same frame as Deadliest Catch.
Just hoping you weren't testing this by shooting your neighbors or something like that:eek:

It is a known statistical fact that when police fire weapons, only something like 20% of fired rounds actually strike the target. When adrenalized, stressed and under fire, a person's firearms shooting ability is dramatically reduced vs. what they might be able to do on a calm, safe, and secure target shooting range. The average CCW private party (civilian) should consider the ramifications of this statistic. (i.e. carry more ammo... you ARE going to miss a LOT!)

I learned this in a very rigorous training course for concealed weapons permit in Las Vegas, NV. BTW, qualifying for the Nevada CCW permit was far more rigorous than what was required for Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Utah, & Florida.

That said, when it comes to calibers... I feel that 9mm with top-shelf defense ammo is decent enough. However, these days... my carry guns are S&W M&P40s. I feel just a little better having 16 rounds of .40S&W Gold Dots under my trigger finger than 9mm.

P1010319.jpg

Last Edited:
Yes, now they do. Had I waited a while, I would not have needed to bother with the NV permit.

Still, it was a significant experience qualifying for my NV permit, which included firing a pistol accurately. And, if you wanted to include a revolver on your permit, you needed to qualify with a revolver as well... something which was quite a challenge for my wife to complete!

And, I am fully supportive of states which demand a particular level of competence from those to whom they will issue CCW permits. CCW permits SHOULD be issued, but people should also be required to display a certain level of competence.

At least Nevada has the good sense to honor some other state's CCW permits.

Oregon recognizes NO other state's permits, not even Washington! And will only allow contiguous state residents who demonstrate a need to be in OR to even apply for an OR CCW permit.

Tragically, Oregon is quickly and well on its way to becoming the next California... ruled by loser liberals with nothing in mind beyond gaining ever more power and control over the populace.

SHAME on the pathetic Oregon legislators and the buffoons who elected them!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads