JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Someone brought up a good hypothesis. Suppose of the 9, the first round knocked the suspect down to the ground, at least to his knees, and then 4 of the rounds hit the ground and bounced up into his jacket, and the other 3 hit him and caused further loss of blood? Note; one of the 9 total rounds grazed the wrist of a 46 year old lingerie designer...

Someone brought up a good hypothesis. Suppose of the 9, the first round knocked the suspect down to the ground, at least to his knees, and then 4 of the rounds hit the ground and bounced up into his jacket, and the other 3 hit him and caused further loss of blood? Note; one of the 9 total rounds grazed the wrist of a 46 year old lingerie designer...

Yes, that could potentially explain it. But that would also mean that the two officers only managed to hit their target on 1 out of the 9 shots that they fired.

It is my understanding that this all took place at close range. One officer and the suspect had been on the ground struggling with each other, before he got back up and pulled out the knife.

Are officers of the NYPD really that lousy of shots??

NYPD is that of Stormtroopers. I find it very hard to believe that a jacket stopped rounds. Maybe they stopped the bullet after it went through the front, through the man, then stopping it on the backside.

Yeah, and the fact that the person was a lingerie designer was totally relevant to the story. I think news story writes get paid by the word. :rolleyes:

Yes, and they are paid to remember that sex sells. So if they can do something to make a story sound more sexy, do you think that they would pass on that opportunity?

Honestly, I am surprised that lingerie does not come up in more threads on this web site. Guns and lingerie go so very well together.

As for devolving into a caliber pissing match ... In my experiences when the "target" can shoot back , no matter what I had in my hands , I wanted a bigger caliber. LOL! Andy

Jeff Cooper once noted that if push came to shove, and the popping of primers was in the offing, make certain sure that YOUR bullet is bigger than the other guy's.

Having carried a a 9mm into danger, I would have much preferred to have had any .45cal, or any of my beloved .44Mags.

A .50AE would have been even better. :D

tac

Here is another view of the dead body. That sure is a lot of blood. Could a single 9mm cause that much bleeding?
View attachment 295010

Are you kidding? Getting a hole in your person where the GFO intended no hole to actually be WILL leak like crazy. I'm not going to post any images here, but I earnestly suggest that you look up a few head-shot images. Add to that that a pumped-up perp is going to squirt like a firehose when he's punctured most anywhere.

As an aside, I once saw a guy who had taken just one shot - a thorough and through in the neck - you could not get closer to him than about five feet without walking into his blood.

tac

Sorry you ruined that Carhart jacket. I had to cringe because I know what our local Freddy's charges for Carhart products. Thanks for clearing this up....I accept your findings.:)

On other forums people have been talking the last couple of days regarding the bullet resistance of that Police Chevy Tahoe SUV that was so badly shot up in Houston Sunday. Many people on Facebook were shocked to learn that the Tahoe was not bullet proof, and demanded that Houston officers all be issued armored cars with bullet proof glass.

I wonder if there are any Tahoe owners willing to shoot up their vehicle with some 5.56mm to confirm just how bullet resistant the Chevy Tahoe is??? Do even big vehicles like the Tahoe offer little protection? The officer in this vehicle was not harmed.

hpd4_efe8437eb6f7bd9f9398322f2c751c94.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

The shootout was started when a man having his car washed was assassinated. Here is a photo of the business where the violence took place after the shootout was over. A lone US Army veteran of two tours in Afghanistan was able to hold off the entire Houston Police Force for over an hour, before a SWAT sniper finally took him out.

Why the veteran went crazy, no one is sure. It sure seems like a lot of our vets from Afghanistan and Iraq have returned home really badly messed up.

920x920.jpg

Last Edited:
There's a real difference between us military/former military and any law enforcement officer. They are trained to save lives wherever possible, but we are trained to take them, wherever possible.

Even a cook, bottle-washer and bubblegum-burner Soldier/Marine is still a Soldier/Marine, messed-up mind or not.

tac

Well when I lived in Alaska the State patrol had to switch from #4 buckshot to 00 buckshot due to heavy winter clothing preventing wounding.

The better Carhartt Jacket is the "Blanket lined" as it is tougher than the polyester fill closer to a horseblacket or heavey felt material. If you combine that with a red or black lined overall (Bibs) that COULD put a strain on the bullet performance.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top