JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I doubt safety is going to be an issue, everyone should be on their best behaviour, and most attendees will probably be carrying just in case someone cannot abide by expected civil norms and becomes hostile. We were asked not to *open* carry. I'll have my Glock 17 on me. I doubt I will be the only one. You should come, and bring a bass rod. Cook Park has a decent little stretch of river including a boat ramp and dock you can fish from. Good spot for carp, smallmouth, squawfish, and perch.
My son has caught plenty of small mouth there but always from the kayak never had much luck from the dock. It's a great park. Park staff is on site and police make frequent visits all day long from dawn to dusk, not to mention they are seconds away if something comes up. The only safety issue I will worry about is getting sun burned. And all food will be carefully prepped.

Thanks to all involved in putting this together. I stopped by for a few hours and had a good time talking with some of you folks. :D

Yes, props to Arakboss for hosting the event. It was great to meet some folks from NWFA and also to meet Kevin from OFF and to thank him in person for all his org has done to defeat IP43 and 44 this year!

Yup, was a good time. Was bummed more folks from here could not make it. Thanks again to Eric for all he did. We had a politically diverse turn out but everyone got along great and we had more than just guns in common. Hope next time's get together draws a bigger crowd.

Thank you to all who turned out today. I would say it was a great success. It was nice to meet with everybody and see some families attend as well. My hope is we can see more 2A supporters get together like this across the state. I tossed around the idea of inviting a news media member to attend the picnic but was worried they would spin it their own non-positive way, so I decided against it. I appreciated all the help making a speedy exit and especially David "Blue" for taking on all the grilling duties today. And thanks to Rick for taking pictures, which he said he would post some of here. It was nice to see Kevin Starrett join us today, he was being modest with his short speech. It was a great day and I am enjoying a beer now poolside.

Here's a nice group shot of everybody. I have a few more photos I'll stick up here later.
Grpup Shot - 001.jpg

I will also add my thanks for putting this together; it was very nice of you to distribute prizes and cover the costs! :)
It was my pleasure. I was comparing my experiences hanging out with everybody at the picnic vs the scenes I have observed through photos of the Patriot Prayer vs Antifa gathering and wondering how the two different events would be perceived by outsiders. I am not knocking the Patriot Prayer group and they certainly got lots of media coverage, I just hope it translates in to pro2a voter turnout somehow in Nov.

Liberal Gun Club, Oregon Chapter checking in to say thank you for the invite. It was nice meeting you folks and I appreciate all the work that went in to putting together the event, the excellent grub, and the raffle items. Looking forward to running into y'all at future events. Cheers.

It was my pleasure. I was comparing my experiences hanging out with everybody at the picnic vs the scenes I have observed through photos of the Patriot Prayer vs Antifa gathering and wondering how the two different events would be perceived by outsiders. I am not knocking the Patriot Prayer group and they certainly got lots of media coverage, I just hope it translates in to pro2a voter turnout somehow in Nov.
Definitely a different scene than the riot in PDX!

Opinions may vary but I wouldn't mind some media coverage of these events especially if we can emphasize that gun owners represent people of all political leanings and get that message out there.

Definitely a different scene than the riot in PDX!

Opinions may vary but I wouldn't mind some media coverage of these events especially if we can emphasize that gun owners represent people of all political leanings and get that message out there.
I think the media could use to see a diverse group talking guns, getting along, and discussing gun rights. It would have been hard to spin the picnic, in my opinion, mellow as it was. Sure, a media org. could put spin on the event, but what's the worst that can happen if we already believe they're against us? I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised. If they show us as evil gun nuts, then nothing's lost inasmuch as that's already expected. If they don't, then that's a gain. Something to think about for next time, anyhow.

I'm disappointed that I was unable to attend. Hopefully this can become a semi-regular thing and I can make the next one. Thanks again @arakboss for putting this together :)

I wish I had paid more attention to this site, didn't even realize I missed this until now. I instead spent that day learning how a mountain bike can be used as a torture device, lol. Hope there will be another one in the near future.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top