JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think what took place in Salem yesterday was appropriate. We have to hold ourselves to a higher standard even though the opposition pulls stunts similar to this frequently and they seemingly get a pass. It's all been said before, but we need to take the high road and act as mature respectable adults and role models for others.

Just as I sincerely believe there are agitators in the BLM movement I wonder if there are some here. Not that we can't supply our own nut jobs it just doesn't pass the smell test.

This had so little support from the get go. Someone that felt that strongly should have been known within the community and I bet a dollar no one knows the guy that burned Katie.

Sigh. From that Oregon live article:

"Rep. Bill Post, R-Keizer, said on his blog Friday that though he considers himself a "gun guy" and disagrees with Brown on gun control, "just because we disagree on almost everything in politics, doesn't mean we don't respect nor care for each other. I hope she feels the same about me.""

Newsflash Bill, she doesn't. See that viral video of the Portland woman freaking out after flipping the bird to a guy with a Trump sign in his yard for an example of how people like Brown really feel. I didn't see Brown apologizing for the people in Portland burning an effigy of Trump months ago.

The people who burned an effigy of Trump weren't on thier way into the building to meet with legislators to argue about OUR gun rights.

Wow, glad I didn't go to that. How can you identify a "good" rally from a "bad" one before you go?

I generally avoid any "rally" that touts open carry and "displaying" of a firearm as a statement.

I know I can carry it.
They know I can carry it.

In my opinion, the message shouldn't be about "I can do something right now, look at me", it should be about "listen to us as concerned, respectful, sane, citizens, these are our issues"

You can jam in all the "But the Dems don't use reason" and "they disrespect us" all you want. It doesn't matter. If we want to have a shot at swaying the public opinion of enthusiasts, it is incumbent on us to NOT stage BS rally's like this. That and stop allowing nut job Bert and Ernie's to play dress up on the capital steps with their guns.

I am all for rallying around this cause, just not the way it happens now.

Last Edited:
How long has it been since everyone in this thread reached out and called their local legislators? Not emailed, actually TALKED to their state senator, house representative, and congressmen? THEY are the ones who vote on the laws we never get a chance to. Disagree with them to the ends of the Earth, but do it respectfully, and with the grace and tact those morons burning dolls obviously lack.

A buddy called this morning trying to get people together for the rally in Olympia today. After reading this thread and seeing what happened yesterday, we decided to go gun shopping instead.

We need to have rallies, and we need mass turnout, but we need to make sure we are on point and able to make gains with those undecided. We also need to work our tookasses off to get more gun friendly legislators elected.

The sad thing is that some of the organizers for the Oregon rally (I think the Washington organizers have more sense) think it was great. And if you disagree, your not a patriot.
I do not plan on attending the next rally, if it is the same organizers in charge. Which is ironic as one of the organizers is bemoaning the fact that only 100 people showed up. And that rep Bill Post's immediate condemnation of it was somehow making him unpatriotic as well.

This is what happens when a group spends too much time in the echo chamber and refuses to learn and adjust tactics in a changing environment. This is what happens when they refuse to acknowledge that their actions will turn their III% movement into a II% movement, and turn the Joe six-pack (or Joe hipster in Portlands case) away. They could have used the event to reach out and let others know they are not the stereotypes others portray them as. Instead, they just delivered recruiting material for the gun-control advocates and democrats.

I was there, and personally saw it as a distraction when the individual first came out. And knew the instant I saw the fire that any other message the group had (positive or other wise) would be overshadowed by this one idiot (idiots?) actions. And it is now playing out as such.

As a result, I will not waste my time when the next call goes out for the next rally, taking a day off of work and spending an hour in the car (both ways), if these individuals are in charge. If they are not willing to learn from their mistakes and keep making everyone else job harder, I want no part. And I will not feel bad when the organizers lament why only 50 people show up at the next rally, or why the numbers keep going down. You want peoples support, stop doing stupid things to drive them away.

Pro-gun demonstrators burn Gov. Kate Brown in effigy outside Oregon Capitol

Let's be honest, the demokkkRats will screw us no matter what if they retain their majority. It's what they do, just following kommiefornias lead. Bloomberg is buying gun control state by demokkkRat controlled state,,,

And providing them with the jar of Vaseline, and opening it for them, is not what we want either.

Wow, glad I didn't go to that. How can you identify a "good" rally from a "bad" one before you go?
Unfortunately that is a hard one. Rich, from Washington, has his head on straight. He knows that politics is a marketing game. And you don't win at public perception with tricks like this. For example: he realized that some pro-2nd amendment activist in the Washington capitol last year, wearing gas masks and cycling their weapons, did our side no good at all.

What happened at the rally was allowed to happen because of a few organizers and individuals. Hard to weed everyone out, I guess. Other than to have a sergeant-at-arms type to identify and move them to the far side so as not to distract from he overall mission and message.

The people who burned an effigy of Trump weren't on thier way into the building to meet with legislators to argue about OUR gun rights.

You're right. I misspoke. They were at an opening for a new mexican fusion restaurant in PDX and it was a pinata where they let kids hit it with a stick.

How long has it been since everyone in this thread reached out and called their local legislators? Not emailed, actually TALKED to their state senator, house representative, and congressmen? THEY are the ones who vote on the laws we never get a chance to. Disagree with them to the ends of the Earth, but do it respectfully, and with the grace and tact those morons burning dolls obviously lack.
I actually have 3 bills that I asked for and are currently being drafted with my assistance that will be presented by my Senator, Brian Boquist next year. All it took was a phone call with my ideas and a few emails.

The sad thing is that some of the organizers for the Oregon rally (I think the Washington organizers have more sense) think it was great. And if you disagree, your not a patriot.
I do not plan on attending the next rally, if it is the same organizers in charge. Which is ironic as one of the organizers is bemoaning the fact that only 100 people showed up. And that rep Bill Post's immediate condemnation of it was somehow making him unpatriotic as well.

This is what happens when a group spends too much time in the echo chamber and refuses to learn and adjust tactics in a changing environment. This is what happens when they refuse to acknowledge that their actions will turn their III% movement into a II% movement, and turn the Joe six-pack (or Joe hipster in Portlands case) away. They could have used the event to reach out and let others know they are not the stereotypes others portray them as. Instead, they just delivered recruiting material for the gun-control advocates and democrats.

I was there, and personally saw it as a distraction when the individual first came out. And knew the instant I saw the fire that any other message the group had (positive or other wise) would be overshadowed by this one idiot (idiots?) actions. And it is now playing out as such.

As a result, I will not waste my time when the next call goes out for the next rally, taking a day off of work and spending an hour in the car (both ways), if these individuals are in charge. If they are not willing to learn from their mistakes and keep making everyone else job harder, I want no part. And I will not feel bad when the organizers lament why only 50 people show up at the next rally, or why the numbers keep going down. You want peoples support, stop doing stupid things to drive them away.

Pro-gun demonstrators burn Gov. Kate Brown in effigy outside Oregon Capitol
And this is what kills me about the guys that can only recite the single line of the 2nd Amendment they know out of the entirety of the Constitution for any sort of conversation. They don't know even the ENTIRE 2nd Amendment wording. They don't know any other parts of the Constitution. They have zero knowledge about actually talking to anyone. They just spout the half a line they memorized. The reality is, if we don't sway public opinion, none of our opinions will matter. I've never been on the same page with the 3% crowd, but I never really had a beef with them. However, the last few years it seems like the people pushing those groups seems to be more and more infatuated with some sort of armed conflict so they can justify their existence. If that happens, we can kiss our gun rights goodbye.

From the looks of it, the Washington Rally looked like it went well. Lots of happy faces and people being engaged.

As for the Oregon rally, everyone is talking about the effigy. And the gun control groups are using it as a reason to pass more gun control laws and energize their base.

Shannon Watts on Twitter

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America - 时间线 | Facebook

My wife is a politician science major. She loves to follow politics and understands the effects of little stupid things politicians do or say, and how it can get twisted or spun into a positive. I didn't say a word to her about the rally until she saw it in the news. Her first words? "That was stupid. You guys just lost a lot of sympathy from a lot of people, and will loose bad if you keep this up."

From the looks of it, the Washington Rally looked like it went well. Lots of happy faces and people being engaged.

As for the Oregon rally, everyone is talking about the effigy. And the gun control groups are using it as a reason to pass more gun control laws and energize their base.

Shannon Watts on Twitter

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America - 时间线 | Facebook

My wife is a politician science major. She loves to follow politics and understands the effects of little stupid things politicians do or say, and how it can get twisted or spun into a positive. I didn't say a word to her about the rally until she saw it in the news. Her first words? "That was stupid. You guys just lost a lot of sympathy from a lot of people, and will loose bad if you keep this up."
What's staggering to me is that if you check out the OFF Facebook page, the idiots who think they are going to "rise up" are completely clueless as to the impact of what happened.

I posted the following in the comments of the article, but for some reason it did not show up on the Ministry of Propaganda website. Hmmm, I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Nice brouhaha, folks. Let's look at this rationally, though. These guys expressed disapproval, an act of free speech, although by some standards a tasteless one. Kate is doing everything in her power to disarm Oregonians, an act of war. Who is worse?

The way to avoid such unpleasantness as being burned in effigy, is to avoid being an bubblegum and tyrannizing others. Decent people are not burned in effigy.

I wouldn't get too concerned about the poor taste aspect of this. Inevitably, there will be differences in preferred strategy. At least we are seeing pushback in response to tyranny. Trust me, if the tyranny continues, the pushback will get a lot worse. This is really nothing. Of course the Ministry of Propaganda will try to make hay about this; that is their job. There is little benefit in worrying about offending the sensibilities of people who are mentally enslaved.

Last Edited:
At least we are seeing pushback in response to tyranny. Trust me, if the tyranny continues, the pushback will get a lot worse.
Disagreeing with the lawfully elected government is not tyranny. I really wish people would stop throwing this word around and look up the definition. We still have elections, there is still legal recourse against the government. Neither Kate Brown nor Obama have absolute power. Just because you disagree with the government doesn't mean you face tyranny. I don't agree with the California gun control Kate Brown wants to bring to Oregon either, but people need to stop with the false narratives on both sides.

Disagreeing with the lawfully elected government is not tyranny. I really wish people would stop throwing this word around and look up the definition. We still have elections, there is still legal recourse against the government. Neither Kate Brown nor Obama have absolute power. Just because you disagree with the government doesn't mean you face tyranny. I don't agree with the California gun control Kate Brown wants to bring to Oregon either, but people need to stop with the false narratives on both sides.

I'll leave this right here.

The methodology of tyranny

The methods used to overthrow a constitutional order and establish a tyranny are well-known. However, despite this awareness, it is surprising how those who have no intention of perpetrating a tyranny can slip into these methods and bring about a tyranny despite their best intentions. Tyranny does not have to be deliberate. Tyrants can fool themselves as thoroughly as they fool everyone else.

Control of public information and opinion
It begins with withholding information, and leads to putting out false or misleading information. A government can develop ministries of propaganda under many guises. They typically call it "public information" or "marketing".
Vote fraud used to prevent the election of reformers
It doesn't matter which of the two major party candidates are elected if no real reformer can get nominated, and when news services start knowing the outcomes of elections before it is possible for them to know, then the votes are not being honestly counted.
Undue official influence on trials and juries
Nonrandom selection of jury panels, exclusion of those opposed to the law, exclusion of the jury from hearing argument on the law, exclusion of private prosecutors from access to the grand jury, and prevention of parties and their counsels from making effective arguments or challenging the government.
Usurpation of undelegated powers
This is usually done with popular support for solving some problem, or to redistribute wealth to the advantage of the supporters of the dominant faction, but it soon leads to the deprivation of rights of minorities and individuals.
Seeking a government monopoly on the capability and use of armed force
The first signs are efforts to register or restrict the possession and use of firearms, initially under the guise of "protecting" the public, which, when it actually results in increased crime, provides a basis for further disarmament efforts affecting more people and more weapons.
Militarization of law enforcement
Declaring a "war on crime" that becomes a war on civil liberties. Preparation of military forces for internal policing duties.
Infiltration and subversion of citizen groups that could be forces for reform
Internal spying and surveillance is the beginning. A sign is false prosecutions of their leaders.
Suppression of investigators and whistleblowers
When people who try to uncover high level wrongdoing are threatened, that is a sign the system is not only riddled with corruption, but that the corruption has passed the threshold into active tyranny.
Use of the law for competition suppression
It begins with the dominant faction winning support by paying off their supporters and suppressing their supporters' competitors, but leads to public officials themselves engaging in illegal activities and using the law to suppress independent competitors. A good example of this is narcotics trafficking.
Subversion of internal checks and balances
This involves the appointment to key positions of persons who can be controlled by their sponsors, and who are then induced to do illegal things. The worst way in which this occurs is in the appointment of judges that will go along with unconstitutional acts by the other branches.
Creation of a class of officials who are above the law
This is indicated by dismissal of charges for wrongdoing against persons who are "following orders".
Increasing dependency of the people on government
The classic approach to domination of the people is to first take everything they have away from them, then make them compliant with the demands of the rulers to get anything back again.
Increasing public ignorance of their civic duties and reluctance to perform them
When the people avoid doing things like voting and serving in militias and juries, tyranny is not far behind.
Use of staged events to produce popular support
Acts of terrorism, blamed on political opponents, followed immediately with well-prepared proposals for increased powers and budgets for suppressive agencies. Sometimes called a Reichstag plot.
Conversion of rights into privileges
Requiring licenses and permits for doing things that the government does not have the delegated power to restrict, except by due process in which the burden of proof is on the petitioner.
Political correctness
Many if not most people are susceptible to being recruited to engage in repressive actions against disfavored views or behaviors, and led to pave the way for the dominance of tyrannical government.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top