JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
City
Salem
State
Oregon
Hello I am looking for a professional grade chainsaw. Prefer husky or stihl. It will be used for felling large trees. I have firearms and ammo to trade.
Thank you for your interest

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Do you know the cc on each of those saws? Forgive my ignorance, I awn a husky 455 rancher and am just needing a bit more power. How long have you had the saws for?

The MS260 pro above would make a respectable setup with a 20" bar. Lightweight and very capable :) I am pleased with mine and it's a lot nicer than the 440 with a 28" after a long day of cutting :D

You probably should check out arborist forum.com to learn up on what saw/option is best for you.

Either way you skin it your probably around $1k+ for a "pro" saw that will pull a 28" plus bar

The rancher is a far cry from a professional saw, it's a decent homeowner saw but that's about it...
you might be able to mod the exhaust and get it tuned to pull out a little more, but it's a homeowner saw and has its limits.

Husky 262xp (discontinued) if you can find one is one of the best saws ever made ! Light weight and real high chain speed ! Will pull a 20-24" bar depending on what your using it in.

Husky 372xp is a real good saw will pull a 24" bar without dumbing down the chain by using a skip tooth...
For a new 372xp with wrap around handle & 24" bar your going to be around $1k they hold there value so don't exspect to much of a price break on used, unless it's clapped out.

I've got a stihl 201 top handle saw with a 16" bar I'd like to sell. Not a wood cutter, but lots of power and a great limbing saw if you're looking for something like that.
Otherwise, older stihl saws (044, 046, 460) are great, newer Husky saws better.
husqvarna 372 will be the last saw you ever buy, can't beat it for falling and bucking in my opinion.

IMO- 262xp beats the 372xp for limbing and anything under 24" it's lighter and has all the BRAP and speed you'd ever want.

Pretty much anything above 24" the 372xp wins..

And yup if he gets a 372xp it should be the last saw he will ever need.
Not a fan of the "auto tune" but it's still a darn good saw !

A sharp chain makes all the difference in the world.

Round file for dirty wood/bucking, chiseled bit for clean wood/falling.
Soon as you kiss dirt with a chisel bit chain it's dull.
Round file is much more forgiving in dirty wood.

Make sure your chain depth guides are filled down to "match" the wear on the cutting teeth.

Alex really should spend some time stocking the arborist forum, he might just need to learn up on chain maintenance and possible mods for his rancher....;)

When i bought my 460 they were about fiye bills seems you could own two of those for the price of the pro series saw. I know i dont want to buck that 460 all day. Then again i dont make my living with my saws so what do i know.

If your falling trees I'd go for 372xp husky or 461 stihl. That would put you in the 70cc range and are very solid respectable saws. But bar size should really do tact based on tree size you want to cut. Steer clear of auto tune imho as well. But if you don't know how to tune a carb either learn or go auto tune. I prefer manual tune as I love my little orange screwdrivers.

Thanks for all the info guys. Going to do a bit of research tonight on all the saws listed

Thanks for all the info guys. Going to do a bit of research tonight on all the saws listed

I will offer a second vote for arboristsite.com , great forum though I haven't been there in a few years. Also where I bought my MS450 that was ported and polished by Mastermind Worksaws. Randy at Mastermind took the time to tell me about the work he had done to the saw and its condition before I bought it from another arboristsite member. Basically it's a lot like this site but for arborists.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.