JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The news and other media constantly refer to "common sense" gun laws, thereby claiming that such proposals are a good thing that nobody could reasonably oppose. Obviously, such bias is wrong. So how do we put *our* message in a positive light?

We can hijack their terminology and extend same. We are for "effective common sense gun laws" such as imprisonment for felonies committed with a gun. "Common sense school security" includes not keeping them as gun-free zones but with allowance for armed staff members. "Affordable and effective self protection" includes the much maligned AR-15 and other MSRs which so terrify the hoplophobes. Similarly, "why do you oppose allowing the poor to protect themselves as the rest of America can" can be used against our opponents.

We don't need to depend on firearm minutia ("clips" versus "magazines", etc) which can make us look like we're weaseling. Nor do we need to argue as a lesser evil (thousands shot versus many millions aborted). We can take the high road and offense at the same time just as they have tried to do, but with truth and facts on our side.

I'm looking forward to seeing them squirm!

I watch Direct TV IDHD 285 which is almost entirely about crimes and how the criminals were caught. I watched a show today about a guy who was shot in his own home with his own gun and survived, only to go insane due to the trauma, and eventually he and his wife were fighting over the gun he kept in bed and she shot him by accident.
But having just read NRA's The Armed Citizen, again it occurred to me that they never show what has to be thousands of times a handgun in a proposed victim's hands was used to stop a crime.
For a short while there was a series on citizens using handguns to stop crime, I think on American Heros channel on Direct TV. I think it would be hugely effective to find a way to get shows like that back in play many times a week on every venue, cable, broadcast and satellite.
How could we influence those who decide programming to do that? It seems genuinely deceptive to not show the other side of the coin.
For instance, if all most people ever saw of police was occasional beatings or the work of cops whose off duty activities are related to the KKK or drug distribution there would be an outcry to ban police, no matter how indispensable they are to peaceful living. That's analogous to how private ownership of firearms is portrayed on TV, we need to find a way to change that.

Thank you - I agree with alv7722 that "No amount or type of "argument" is going to sway the Left." But we can and will find more of the majority of our countryfolk listening to us as the record numbers of new owners, sales and such reveal an increasing attention to what we have to say. Besides, what is more attractive - an engaging, fun and beneficial interest we all share here, or the self imposed misery of our opponents? I'd almost feel sorry for them (but don't)!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top