JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just saw this on our local rag. I know he doesn't have a "D" by his name so King County will undoubtedly shun him and that's probably enough to keep Inslee in, but thought I'd pass this on. I don't know much about him so if others have any negative information, please speak up so I don't make a mistake. But really, who doesn't want a governor named "Iceman"?.... :)

Loren Culp has my vote for Governor.
MVIMG_20190824_083008402.jpg

According to my math, he's the 5th Republican that has declared that they are running for Governor:
  • Loren Culp
  • Phil Fortunato
  • Joshua Freed
  • Anton Sakharov
  • Martin Wheeler
Let's not forget that Tim Eyman is also running as an independent. Let's hope they only attack Inslee and not each other................

Ray

Fortunato is GOP but he does not like guns. He is the former Mayor of Auburn. Don't want Sakharov in there and I have not heard anything about Freed or Wheeler. Loren Culp wants to fiercely fight for 2nd amendment rights. I have exchanged a few e-mails with him getting some flyers to put on my table at the gun show.

Last Edited:
Garcia has thrown his hat in the ring...not sure if he's the best candidate, but the election isn't far away folks and Team R needs to get focused...

And as a reminder, the D's are ONE VOTE shy of a super majority in the state legislature:eek:. If any folks have some downtime due to current events, might want to consider putting it to good use supporting a candidate of your choosing.

Boss

Typical situation, make it a six-way pissing match for a few months before picking a candidate. Once, just once, I would like to see them pick one of the lot, preferably Culp, and support them from the start. Get some real momentum behind their campaign. United front and all that. And while I appreciate what Tim Eyman does and represents, he needs to accept the fact that he is unelectable and support someone who has a chance. But no, he has to keep his fingers in it and make it that much more difficult to get rid of Inslee and his ilk.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's between Freed and Culp for me. Haven't made up my mind yet. They are both equally strong on 2a. Not sure Culp can articulate solid enough positions on non-2a issues to pull it off! I am voting for the best person who I think can win not who is the most die-hard 2a, almost anything is better than what we currently have and this is going to be our best opportunity to unseat him. We need independents to pull this off and they don't vote on 2a alone. I also agree we need to be supporting them all because whomever wins the primary is going to need all votes to pull it off and any one of these primary candidates who is trashing any of the others will not get my vote. Run on your positives, what you propose for the state and if you are the strongest person in regards to that you will win the day for me! It's not that difficult to find things that can be improved upon in this state. I'm keeping an open mind. Freed will be in Whatcom Co. on July 21st. Culp will also be back in Whatcom Co. at some point . The venue hasn't been locked up yet but almost!

Right now my inner cynic doesn't have much confidence that Inslee won't find some way to tamper with the election process... he's basically signaling he intends to be Gov-4-Life. Third terms are almost unprecedented in that office's history...

Right now my inner cynic doesn't have much confidence that Inslee won't find some way to tamper with the election process... he's basically signaling he intends to be Gov-4-Life. Third terms are almost unprecedented in that office's history...

I think he has found a way, it's called Safe Start Washington. Tamping down the ability to get people to come out to non-existent town halls or meet and greets. It wouldn't surprise me to see him refuse to participate in any debates!

Two things:

1. If R, vote Culp or Freed.
2. If D, vote ANYBODYBUTINSLEE!

Best way to stop Inslee is to keep him out of the Top Two... this jungle-primary basically disenfranchises half the state by only letting two Seattle Liberals get on the November ballot.

To clarify my prior, there are only two slots in November. The Center-Right opposition needs to pick one candidate to rally behind, the Center-Left the same.

I know to some an R gov would be anathema, but he can't do much with a Seattle Lib-controlled Legislature and Supreme Court anyway; better to divide power and set the three branches at each other's throats.

To clarify my prior, there are only two slots in November. The Center-Right opposition needs to pick one candidate to rally behind, the Center-Left the same.

I know to some an R gov would be anathema, but he can't do much with a Seattle Lib-controlled Legislature and Supreme Court anyway; better to divide power and set the three branches at each other's throats.

He would have veto power. I think we have a good chance of winning back the 42nd district seat. Jennifer is on fire and the incumbent... well, not so much! ;)

I think we're gonna lose the 25th and its surroundings though. The Fair Board has to cancel their big moneymaker for the year, and tends to be indiscriminate in making donations to punish incumbents whose watch things don't go the Board's way on.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top