JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh brother! :huh:

So by your logic anything anyone ever says is true if it's not rebutted? I wonder how well that plays in a court of law?

A court of law is the rebutel, it's where the truth is supposed to come out. I guess you forgot that.

jj

Nice thoughts, but not too hooked up to reality:D

It is such a non-issue except for those who have grabbed it, and ran with it, that they probably do not even know that it has garnered this much attention thus far.

You are probably right about the reality, after thinking a bit more on all this I doubt the BATFE would be down in Texas much after they murdered all those people at Waco:D.

jj

Then...

If this is true then the APD, and the ATF have committed serious crimes against The People of The United States.
This would be a slam dunk case in any Federal Court, and rightly so.

Furthermore, if the article is factual, then none of us have heard the end of this story.

I'm one who distance himself from using such terms as "Gestapo tactics" but such term is timely if this is what actually happened.

:s0112::s0112::s0112: Funny how your whole tune of dissmissel changed with just one post. A good dose of reality does that:s0112::s0112:

jj

All we can do is keep an ear open and try to get more details.I would believe if it really did happen texans will muster up and run them out and that includes the apd.Could be the spark that starts the revolution ,it's time to clean house anyway you wanna look at it.Everyday it is an encroachment on the constitution,liberty,freedom and life.Something like 40k + new laws went into effect on Jan.1 st. in the U.S on top of god know how many there was before the first of the yr.

Heck, at some of our local gun shows, the rifle club that runs the show REQUIRE that all sales on site go through FFL's...

Oh, and you can't carry while in the shows either.

:s0112::s0112::s0112: Funny how your whole tune of dissmissel changed with just one post. A good dose of reality does that:s0112::s0112:

jj

That's the difference between a somewhat credible post and the fluff that was posted previously. Not all of us are willing to jump on the band wagon until we have some inkling of actual truth; any other action would be stupidity or ignorance at best. Of course it has worked for electing presidents lately.

One opinion I will remain static on is that I never claim that the dog ate the car keys until the dog takes a big one. Until then, it remains "to be seen" if the dog ate the keys:D

I still bet there is more to this story:s0155:

:s0112: Until you see the shiny stuff it is all pooh! :s0112:

OK,not name calling per-say,sure seems there was more bickering about some opions,rather than searching out the truth.There will always be those that post up quick and debunk ,or call things bs because hey they know all and and think nothing of it.When things come out thing in this thread that hey theres some truth to it.Hows that crow taste.I only asked if anyone had heard anything about it.HOW MANY WENT LOOKING AND POSTED A LINK.As a gun owner like the rest of you ,this Austin action bothers me.What state is next.Who"s gun show is next.Im not judging anyone here,I just want the truth without the hoopla,personal opions are what they are personal.Who am I to disagree.Oh and ah yes we are all brothers in a sense we are all gun owners ,and we are all under attack be rules regs and anything else they can find to take them away and disarm the people.Just my .02:eek:

Baiscally it boils down to Obama and the U.S AG and the ATF are teaming up with city county police ,use there abatement laws ,normally used on slum lords for drug houses and threatening to take the property if someone buys a gun who legal cannot posses one.So the land owner not wanting to loose his property ,told the gun show owner he could only have license ffl dealers on the property to sell firearms and no private sales allowed or the show would be canceled.I see a new tactic going on here that looks like it is going to spread.We can only watch and see.:cool:

Here's a story about this incident from a journalist who actually interviewed everybody:

<broken link removed>

Basically, ICE and the APD had found many illegal gun sales (to felons and illegal immigrants) in the parking lot, brought this to the attention of HEB, the landlord, and told them it had to stop. HEB was ready to stop renting to gun show operators entirely but, after brainstorming with the APD and BATFE, settled on the FFL requirement (which was included in the rental agreement that the gun show operator signed).

Here's a story about this incident from a journalist who actually interviewed everybody:

<broken link removed>

Basically, ICE and the APD had found many illegal gun sales (to felons and illegal immigrants) in the parking lot, brought this to the attention of HEB, the landlord, and told them it had to stop. HEB was ready to stop renting to gun show operators entirely but, after brainstorming with the APD and BATFE, settled on the FFL requirement (which was included in the rental agreement that the gun show operator signed).

This is why I always ask for credible sources. The above is reality, compare that to the original post quoted below, quite a difference.

private sales banned in texas.

just read this about austin texas and btaf banned all private sales, and at gun shows in texas all have to go through ffl dealer.Anyone hear about this.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/batf-notice-bans-private-gun-sales-in-texas.html

So basicly the story is true the Batfe and other agencies blackmailed the gunshow into forcing people to register their guns upon sale. What's new here?

jj

That guy did phone interviews,read the first two paragraphs of what was written.And what the owner of the gun show said.He has said that from the begining.So by what some say nothing ever happened it was all made up,.It states right in that so called truth you posted that the texas gun show was not the promoter of the gun show in question,it was a previous show on heb propery.But the tg show got the blame and punishment.So if the previous gun show owner was at fault with criminal activity why was nothing done then-why know,with a gun show with a clean record.....hhhhhmmmmmmm.Sounds more like a cover up on apd and
batf because the news got out.

GUESS NONE OF YOU READ THE BIO OF THE GUY WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE EATS CROW AND CHOKES.

YOUR SO CALLED ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BY A GUY THAT BELIEVES IN CIVILLIAN DISARMAMENT AND DOES NOT WANT YOU ARMED.COOLAID.......

HERE IS SOME REALITY FOR YOU ELITE BELIEVERS AND COOLAID DRINKERS.

<broken link removed>

That guy did phone interviews,read the first two paragraphs of what was written.And what the owner of the gun show said.He has said that from the begining.So by what some say nothing ever happened it was all made up,.It states right in that so called truth you posted that the texas gun show was not the promoter of the gun show in question,it was a previous show on heb propery.But the tg show got the blame and punishment.So if the previous gun show owner was at fault with criminal activity why was nothing done then-why know,with a gun show with a clean record.....hhhhhmmmmmmm.Sounds more like a cover up on apd and
batf because the news got out.

It doesn't matter. The landlord was informed by the local police department that they would be held responsible for any illegal activity occurring on the property. They did not care who was operating the gun shows, they just wanted to protect themselves from prosecution.

OK,not name calling per-say,sure seems there was more bickering about some opions,rather than searching out the truth.There will always be those that post up quick and debunk ,or call things bs because hey they know all and and think nothing of it.When things come out thing in this thread that hey theres some truth to it.Hows that crow taste.I only asked if anyone had heard anything about it.HOW MANY WENT LOOKING AND POSTED A LINK.As a gun owner like the rest of you ,this Austin action bothers me.What state is next.Who"s gun show is next.Im not judging anyone here,I just want the truth without the hoopla,personal opions are what they are personal.Who am I to disagree.Oh and ah yes we are all brothers in a sense we are all gun owners ,and we are all under attack be rules regs and anything else they can find to take them away and disarm the people.Just my .02:eek:

Uh, there was no proof early on and that was the point. There were a hundred or so links at that time on the web; however, they were all posting the same image of the anonymous handout with no real evidence. It doesn't do anyone any good to start screaming conspiracy at least until there is some form of credible evidence. That point is usually what keeps this forum on a more sane track than others; also giving credit to our moderators.

However, anyone here has the right to jump to conclusions. But remember, everyone also has the right to state their opinion on doubtless information. As far as being a place where personal opinions are not encouraged, I say poof on that! Especially being a proponent of the U.S. Constitution.

Thanks for you "opinion", kind of a double-standard for giving it though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top