JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fisherman's, Hayden Meadows, didn't take transfers from on-line sellers before. I would think they wouldn't do private party transfers? How much do they charge Beefcake?

Fisherman's, Hayden Meadows, didn't take transfers from on-line sellers before. I would think they wouldn't do private party transfers? How much do they charge Beefcake?
I don't know what they charge. Part of this deal was that the buyer pay the transfer costs, and he was one of their vendors so I think they gave him a deal. They said it was the 1st private party deal they had done since the law went into affect at that store. You'd have to call them to find out if they are doing them for the general public and what they normally charge.

I don't know the specifications of Oregon SB 941, but these universal background-check laws usually or often have registration components. In California, they have DROS (Dealer Record of Sale). In Washington, we have the Pistol Transfer Application in addition to the federal 4473 for handgun sales. One copy goes to the buyer's law-enforcement agency for additional background checks, and another copy goes to the Department of Licensing for registration of the transaction (since the police are currently prohibited from maintaining a registry). o_O

Now that I-594 is law in Washington, I expect there will eventually be a move to add long guns to the transfer application. That's what happened in California, though it took 20 more years after universal background checks were enacted there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top