1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Pilot's License

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Keane, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I've started thinking about a Private Pilot's license, and I'm about 99% sure I'm going to go through with it! I've already picked up my class-3 medical cert.

What I was wondering, is if anyone here has experience with hillsboro-area instructors? I received email back from one that I've been dealing with at Twin Oaks (ive been told to avoid HIA) who seems nice enough, but I want to make sure I do well anyway.

I've also been looking into trying to get ground-school and the test out of the way before I start. I've had a few recommendations, such as the Jeppessen series, which I found on torrent, so I wanted to try it out. However, after a few hours of watching the film, then taking a practice test, I found that the video was nearly useless! It barely covered any info on the test!

I know they come with books, however there are a few free sources of some of the text online, so I was wondering if the kits are really worth it, and which one I should go with?

Anyway, please share experiences with anything to do with private piloting.

2. itgoesboom

itgoesboom Hillsboro Member

I'll send you a PM with some info.