Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Private Pilot's License

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Keane, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Hi all-

I've started thinking about a Private Pilot's license, and I'm about 99% sure I'm going to go through with it! I've already picked up my class-3 medical cert.

What I was wondering, is if anyone here has experience with hillsboro-area instructors? I received email back from one that I've been dealing with at Twin Oaks (ive been told to avoid HIA) who seems nice enough, but I want to make sure I do well anyway.

I've also been looking into trying to get ground-school and the test out of the way before I start. I've had a few recommendations, such as the Jeppessen series, which I found on torrent, so I wanted to try it out. However, after a few hours of watching the film, then taking a practice test, I found that the video was nearly useless! It barely covered any info on the test!

I know they come with books, however there are a few free sources of some of the text online, so I was wondering if the kits are really worth it, and which one I should go with?

Anyway, please share experiences with anything to do with private piloting.

Thanks!

2. itgoesboom

itgoesboom Hillsboro Member

Keane,

I'll send you a PM with some info.