JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys.

I asked a local Dealer if the new laws regulate Black Powder sales between two parties?

He said no, Black Powder sale were not impacted.

I have a BP double rifle listed on forums, but want to make sure.

There would be NO Shipping involved.

There is no problem with me needing to have the new owner complete a
background check if the law requires.

Thanks.

Since they aren't firearms... they aren't regulated as firearms.

Rules need not apply.

I am not an attorney nor an attorney spokesperson.

I'm in Idaho, so I don't really keep up on WA and OR laws.

However, when WA I594 was published, I noted the following statement: "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder. IIRC, there was some discussion on this forum as to whether "gunpowder" is really an explosive. Again, IIRC, both black powder and smokeless powders are classified as "low explosive". Therefore, according to this definition, BP weapons are "firearms".

However, a few paragraphs later in I594, there are definitions of "shotgun" and "rifle" that include the requirement of a cartridge. "Pistol" does not include this limiter.

If I were attempting to dispose of a BP firearm in WA, I believe I would find a lawyer. On the other hand, it appears that there are no limitations on interstate sales of BP firearms.

YMMV

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads