JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Arrrrr. Avast, ye maties. Hitting the high seas for booty (both bullion and brunettes)? Ye need a Duck's Foot Pistol.

Sorry, couldn't resist the urge to talk like a pirate. Be that as it may, Ian's video today covers one, eh, odd duck. Cheers.

Funny side story from this past weekend; I escaped outside to read for a spell, hopefully, and in this case successfully, uninterrupted by my beloved family. As it was blisteringly hot day, I wrapped a bandanna around me noggin to catch the copious sweat, as I have times past, before going out to read. At some point I needed a refill and went back into the house. The little girl said "Dah-do looks like a pirate!" and the little boy, perhaps, correcting, "Dah-do is a pirate!" I laughed and smiled at the little people, reloaded, and went back out to read. And, on that point, "Arrrrrrr." :s0112:

Arrrrr. Avast, ye maties. Hitting the high seas for booty (both bullion and brunettes)? Ye need a Duck's Foot Pistol.

Sorry, couldn't resist the urge to talk like a pirate. Be that as it may, Ian's video today covers one, eh, odd duck. Cheers.

Arrrgh!! You posted just in time to remind me September 19 is the celebration of International Talk Like A Pirate Day!!
International Talk Like a Pirate Day - Wikipedia

Why is it that nobody has stumbled upon the obvious application for such a piece?
*** BAR FIGHTS!!! ***
Imagine the carnage when you cut loose with one in each hand into a packed melee of angry drunks.
The ensuing cloud of smoke from 8 simultaneous shots would obscure everything. Having gotten inside their OODA loop you hack and slash your way to the door, leaving confusion and doom in your wake. MMWAHAHAHAHA!! :eek:

In the 1970's and 80's , several companies imported a replica of these types of pistols...
They still can found for a fair price.
Andy

Have you had any trigger time with them? I've seen them from time to time and was interested for the gonzo factor, but didn't know the quality of the build.

Have you had any trigger time with them? I've seen them from time to time and was interested for the gonzo factor, but didn't know the quality of the build.
Quality all depended on whether it was factory built or one built from a kit...which could be excellent to You gotta be kidding me...:D
All of them are lacking a bit in being a true or accurate replica of any actual pistol..but as noted for the gonzo factor they are fun.

Having shot a few...I can say that they work...fit and finish may vary...and they do make for some interesting comments.
If I were to buy one...I'd look at a price range of $150 or less , for a percussion model.
Andy

I am reminded of a snark piece video the Gun Grabbers put out a while back, purporting to show a mass shooting in an office with Revolutionary War level weapons. The "shooter" got off a shot or 2 and was overwhelmed with minimal casualties. The intent, of course, was to show the difference btw what the Founders had and what we have today.
Much different result if the assault commences with a couple/few grenades followed by 2 of these, a blast from a blunderbuss, then a brace of flintlock pistols loaded with buck and ball, and last but not least a cutlass for the grande finale.
Hmmm - not so ineffective after all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top