JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It means that in Oregon you can open carry unless the local jurisdiction has an ordinance against it. But.... If you have a CHL, you can tell that jurisdiction to pound sand.

For example, Portland and MultCo have a prohibition against having a loaded firearm, magazine, or clip within the jurisdiction unless you have a CHL.
Geez, much like Michigans rules on carrying in schools.

Joe

Is printing a big deal...?

Well...
Part of the phrase Concealed carry , is concealed...so I would say yes , it is a big deal. :D

I would suggest that if one wants to carry concealed....invest in a good gun belt...and try many different holsters to see what works for you...as well as considering your wardrobe.

With that said...
The time , the place and just how you "carry" yourself , may be bigger deal in regards to carrying a firearm.
Andy

First things first, you have a right to keep and bear arms so there should be no stigma around that. The worst that can happen is you get asked to leave, so my question is do you really want to be giving your money to such a woke, Karen place? Vote with your check book. Lastly I have the box of holsters just like everyone else and they work where they work. For deep concealment this time of year particularly I wear a Carheart type jacket or vest and they have a zippered pocket in the upper chest area so I carry either a airweight 38 revolver or M&P 40 Shield in a sticky holster zipped in the pocket. Between the sticky holster and the heavy canvas coat there is no outline to see. The possible identifier is when I hang my coat over the back of a chair in a restaurant and there is a clunk sound.

I am a tall, large man with a flat asz. No IW or OWB for me. Shoulder holsters unless I pocket carry a mouse gun.
It takes an awful lot to even catch a glimpse. (I'm pretty barrel chested.)
Even if I print a bit, it would take a whole hell of a lot of effort to take my weapon from me by stealth and even more difficult to wrestle it away from me by force.
I can quickly grab it standing just as easy as sitting in a car. (Which, in Portland - is becoming even more of a concern.)
I like Galco's. I have a few... "Miami" style and a couple verticals. I use the loops to keep the thing from flopping - makes for decent 'suspender' support as well... (I mentioned the flat asz, right?)

It means that in Oregon you can open carry unless the local jurisdiction has an ordinance against it. But.... If you have a CHL, you can tell that jurisdiction to pound sand.

For example, Portland and MultCo have a prohibition against having a loaded firearm, magazine, or clip within the jurisdiction unless you have a CHL.
I believe the Oregon legislature passed SB554 this past spring. It banned concealed carry in the capitol building and inside the terminal at PDX, but not sure about on the grounds.

As a side issue, remember that you can donate up to $50 per person or $100 per couple to Oregon Firearms Federation PAC and get the money back as a tax credit. Not a deduction, an actual tax credit which means you get the money back. Need to do this before the end of the year.

I recently ordered a holster with a retention strap, first one since my drop leg military. OWB it'll be cc only in winter, under a coat. (Unless I get into summer time hoodies...)

Why? I hear retention is good. lol So want to see how adding the thumb snap goes into the mix. After a few months of working with various kydex open top holsters I've come to a conclusion: I'll never "get the drop" on anyone by being fast. Because I'm not; good grip, draw, up, second hand, out, sight picture, is what I'm trying to get to in muscle memory, and that'll never be as fast as other techniques. It'll be even slower with the retention strap.

My IWB is the same technique, adding the reveal of course. Again, won't be anybody's huckleberry with that.

IMO (uninformed by real life, because I've never actually drawn a gun against someone) muscle memory around a safe and good technique and (most importantly!) knowing when to deploy are more important than raw speed of the draw anyway.

Humans are oblivious to others, generally speaking. Even if you think others can see it, they probably don't. And that's the thought process I follow.
As I get older, the more I realize humans are self-centered and are so incredibly tied to their smartphones and personal life they won't notice you. Also, you'll find that you really don't matter to other people, so stop worrying about what others think or notice.

Any recommendations on button-downs? Haven't really shopped for them in ages.
Casual shirts can be found anywhere. For dress shirts l like Lands End... they make the ONLY white button-down shirt I've ever owned that isn't semi-transparent. Also, mid level men's shops (Men's Wearhouse, Jos A Banks) are constantly having clearance sales , patterns, stripes, solid colors, casual, dressy, whatever.

This weekend I found a guy carrying 3 o'clock IWB with his shirt tucked in behind the gun so I wonder to myself "what the hell is the point?". Handle totally high-riding visible and protruding out of his waistband...like not even close to concealed other than the barrel tucked into his pants. T-Shirt had a big Sig Sauer logo on it. I get it, you you love to show off your P320 but why go to the trouble to hide just the barrel?

Why not just go OWB or straight-up open-carry at that point? It's like you have your balls out but afraid to whip out the shaft.

This weekend I found a guy carrying 3 o'clock IWB with his shirt tucked in behind the gun so I wonder to myself "what the hell is the point?". Handle totally high-riding visible and protruding out of his waistband...like not even close to concealed other than the barrel tucked into his pants. T-Shirt had a big Sig Sauer logo on it. I get it, you you love to show off your P320 but why go to the trouble to hide just the barrel?

Why not just go OWB or straight-up open-carry at that point? It's like you have your balls out but afraid to whip out the shaft.
Was his whole shirt tucked in our just being the gun like it got trapped in?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top