JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am helping a friend with a website where you can download and print targets.

link >> FreeTarget.org - Free Printable Targets | Download and Print shooting targets - totally free

His idea, my graphics skills. I have photo shop and the means to make PDF files.

We have about 12 or so different designs posted so far with more to come soon, as I get new ideas, have the time or find new photos or graphics to make targets out of.

Is this a good idea or a waste of time? Seems to be working for us.... People at the range seem to like them, we usually hand out a bunch to people there who need them.

It is usually the people shooting .22 like us though not the hard core dudes shooting big bore or long range rifles etc. Though I don't see why they would not work for that?

We made our own site due to wanting targets not available on other such sites. Shooting at our local range and setting up steel targets is not allowed, they only want you punching holes in paper.

If any one has an idea or photo or graphic of something they would like to see made into a printable target you can upload it to this thread or send it to me directly if the graphics file is too large to post here.

ex wives and current political candidates, though it might be funny, are off the table.

Though we have made some of a certain candidate and people at the range ask for them so they can shoot holes in this persons face....?? Seems to be some anger at a certain candidate??

Sorry those are not going public. Don't want the jackboots after me....

Seems to be a problem with clowns recently, maybe I'll do a clown target next....

Here is a clown, need to take some of the black out so it will take less ink to print before it is done though. Hope having less black does not mess it up, I like it like this. pew pew pew, take that you evil son of a.... beach
Clown-red-dot-1-inch-grid-001.jpg
-
Clown-red-dot-1-inch-grid-004.jpg
Final version, Wow, I think I got a new favorite target...
This looks absolutely killer when printed..

Link: Evil Clown Red Dot 1 inch Grid Target | FreeTarget.org - Free Printable Targets

We like some of those other sites but wanted some of our own designs.

Last Edited:
My wife almost scalped me when I printed out about 100 basic targets from one of those sites and told me it would have been way cheaper then the ink to have just gone and bought them.

I could have bought a 100 pack of the shoot and see targets for not much after looking into it.

If your doing it for fun then good on ya.

If your doing it for possible ad revenue then no, it isn't worth it.

My wife almost scalped me when I printed out about 100 basic targets from one of those sites and told me it would have been way cheaper then the ink to have just gone and bought them.

I could have bought a 100 pack of the shoot and see targets for not much after looking into it.

I have a business and buy the refillable generic ink cartridges, I also have a laser printer. So I can print cheap. I bought cheap thin paper when it goes on sale for targets and receipts I send out.

I agree on how expensive it can be to print. I actually print most of my targets with the laser, though the inkjet is now almost as cheap since I bought those refill and print kits.

The quality of printing with that ink refill kit is 99% of what it would be with the factory ink cartridges but 100 times cheaper.

Is it worth it, only if you print a lot, but even with factory cartridges, if you don't print enough, they dry out and get ruined and your 15.00 cartridge printed 5 pages and it's now toast. Has happened to me more then one so I said ENOUGH... and took a chance on the el-cheapo Chinese bulk refillable cartridges, it paid off and I'm good to go now.

That's why I print them at work o_O

If my crappy printer doesn't fix itself, it's gonna be a target.

Post the make and model. I'll grab a photo and make a target for you. Idea, new series of targets.... PRINTERS...

or not... funny idea though. I got to make at least one, just as a joke.

I'll go on amazon and find the most hated printer ever sold in the reviews!

Every one hates printers, like on office space.

office-space-printer-001.JPG

True story.
I was after my 9th grade daughter to print out her history report on Monday so I had time to help her revise any mistakes, as she had to turn it in by Friday.
She kept making excuses, one after another until real late Thursday night I hear her panicky voice, "Dad, the printer won't print, it's out of ink."
Sure enough, the old and obsolete but super reliable printer had just run out.
After a bunch of phone calls, I found some replacement ink cartridges clear across Portland at a Walgreens drug store.
Of course, they only had the multi color pack for just under $89.00.
I made her go with me, just so I could lecture her about the downfalls of procrastination.

True story.
I was after my 9th grade daughter to print out her history report on Monday so I had time to help her revise any mistakes, as she had to turn it in by Friday.
She kept making excuses, one after another until real late Thursday night I hear her panicky voice, "Dad, the printer won't print, it's out of ink."
Sure enough, the old and obsolete but super reliable printer had just run out.
After a bunch of phone calls, I found some replacement ink cartridges clear across Portland at a Walgreens drug store.
Of course, they only had the multi color pack for just under $89.00.
I made her go with me, just so I could lecture her about the downfalls of procrastination.
I went through this exact same scenario, except there was no ink available anywhere at 10:30 pm, so I had to buy a whole new printer at Wally World to make sure she got graded for her project.

At the gun club I belong to targets like that would not be allowed

You mean the clown or printable targets in general?

If it is printable targets in general what is the objection?

Just wish to know so if there is some thing I'm doing with these that I can fix to make them less objectionable, I might do that. We are certainly not intending to offend any one.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews