JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jay Leno has one so he can make parts that do not exist for his old cars, then they make a second one out of metal. Kinda tells you that these printers are a bit expensive for probably everyone using this website, and would be a better investment just to buy a large stake of Magpull instead

I uploaded it to Shapeways - Make & Share Your Products with 3D Printing Looks like the total cost is still going to be a limiting factor. This is the cheapest material to print with

model_zpse795f9cc.png

The machines actually aren't all that expensive, they end up being about 600 to 1500 on the lower end depending on the model and options you pick.

The material is pretty cheap, but the problem is how time consuming it is! The reason they are getting $60 for a mag body that has 75cents of material in it is because it'll take all day to print!

Sorta reminds me when 3D printers were "new" and they used one in Jurassic Park III to make a piece of a raptor.
I'm guessing the higher the price the more "speed printing" you're paying for.

Just remember to buy a gross of mag springs with those printers lol

Saw one a couple of months ago where a guy made the whole lower with a 3d printer, worked out pretty good. had to do a little tweaking on it, yes its legal, as long as you make them for yourself, and do not sell them. Do a youtube i think its on there.

I was wondering if they have different color resins for it other than white. I know you can dye plastic with rit clothing dye guys do it to customize their R/C's all the time

Yes there are different resin colors. The program Im in at my tech college is trying to get the funding for a new ($60,000) 3D printer that will print out prettymuch anything, no matter how complicated. It would be hilariously fun to print my own mags for an assignment! It would also be a fun experiment from a mechanical engineering aspect to have a component built from a 3D design work with an existing system. But if the mag ban passes, I dont think I would. The chances are slim, but it would be a absolute bubblegum storm if word got out that someone was producing illegal firearms parts using the college's equipment and I respect my instructors and college too much to risk that.

This has got me thinking how easily a magazine could be designed using a digital caliper and AutoCAD. I have both... hmmmm......

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top