Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Prineville

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by robeport, Jul 27, 2010.

1. robeport

robeport St Helens, OR New Member

Towards the end of August we will be heading to Prineville Reservoir for vacation. Thought it would be fun to find a place out there to shoot. Anyone in the area have any recommendations?

2. mattt

mattt Salem Or Member

There are some gravel pits and ATV trails northwest of the reservoir. You can even ride up to the edge of the cliffs that form the lake. As best as I can remember its Remington Rd, which turns into Webley, that takes you there, after a cattle guard. Lots of shooting areas up there, might want to make sure its ok to shoot there first.

3. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Brother and I were over there couple weeks ago riding 4 wheelers on OHV park outside Primeville and we came across a public shooting range that was free to use. You had a 100 yard range with a covered area with benches to use.Being that this was my first time being there all I can tell you is it was on the back side of the reservoir and Les Schawb tires.

4. huntin_bud

huntin_bud Roseburg, Oregon New Member

the lake is really slimy with algae this year

5. robeport

robeport St Helens, OR New Member

Hopefully it clears up... just rented a house and we're bringing the boat for some wakeboarding.

6. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

7. pdxjohann

pdxjohann Portland near Tigard Member

<cool computer back ground>