Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Primers

Discussion in 'Ammunition Classifieds' started by sweetnsauer, Apr 27, 2009.

1. sweetnsauer

sweetnsauer Salem New Member

Does anyone know where a guy can go buy primers, large rifle mag, small pistol etc. Ive been looking, and not having much luck.

2. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

Well you can keep checking here every once in a while someone has some for sale, your local Bimart get thier primer and powder shipments on Thur or Friday. The gun show, but your going to pay out the nose for them; $60 - 70 per 1000.. Just depends on how bad you need or want them and what your willing to pay for them.

Hope this helps

3. blacktail hunter

blacktail hunter southern oregon Member

there is a place 25miles south of roseburg called monkey busness in canonville they have lot's of small and large pistil primers but they are 80.00/1000

4. GO-FASTER

GO-FASTER Lebanon,Oregon Member

Is $20- $40 per 1000 markup really paying out the nose?

5. sweetnsauer

sweetnsauer Salem New Member

seems to me that it is basic supply and demand, the higher cost isnt going to the manufacturer, just to the guys who can get them.

6. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

That would be a 320% mark up, that would be the same as paying $32 per box of cheap 9mm, $48 for .45, or over $3000 for you basic AR-15, does that put it into better perspective?

7. GO-FASTER

GO-FASTER Lebanon,Oregon Member

nope its still just 20-40 bucks OR A TANK OF GAS

8. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

And YES. Considering that I have standing orders for me and a couple friends at $240 / 10,000 + haz. So paying an extra $20- 40 / 1000 is paying out the nose when Im only paying $24 /1000... But like I told the guy who asked where to find them.. Depends on how much you are willing to pay and how bad you need or want them. I am not willing to $60- 80 / 1000..

9. pirateer2007

pirateer2007 Spokane Wa Member

yes.

10. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

SO.... What's fair ?

I checked the large Mail Order Sites today, several would let me backorder 5K each, only at a price to be determined upon them getting stock. There is a 5K limit, $22/50# HASMAT additional shipping fee, and full shipping UPS costs from Middle or Eastern America. They show old discounted prices, but their Retail on Bench Rest primers is in the mid-$40's/K. Standards primers are in the mid->high $30's.

Do the math, add 4$/k for shipping, handling and HASMAT , and pricing is not outrageous at the $50/K for almost impossible to acquire product.

If you are actively reloading, the difference between Bi-mart at $34.99/1000 (they are out) and $50/1000 is only .015/cents per round. That’s $ 0.75cents per box of loaded ammo, If you have the rest of the components… So do without, or Pay current pricing.
    Venting is ok, but soon it's over done

I do not like $16-24/# for powder, and $180/1000 for STD 45/230gr FMJ bullets, but that's where we are.

We are still free and can buy, can load, can shoot, can own.

So the choice is all yours… but, it is STILL A CHOICE… NOT a requirement, or need; but really a WANT.

DECISIONS and choices are part of our lives..., Enjoy them for the now.