JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fisherman's Marine, Delta Park, had small pistol and large pistol primers at noon today. Looked to be 24 K of each. I'm assuming the other stores would have split the order so they should have some too.

Mike

I wish they would get some powder choices out West. I miss the days of going to BI-Mart and going "Hmmmm...I think I'll give xxxx a try" , for under $25.00 an lb. Sportsman's Warehouse has been getting powder pretty regular but it all seems to be rifle powder by the time I see the list.

Was at Cabelas in Springfield on Thursday 8-1 and they had large and small rifle and pistol primers. There was Remington, CCI, Winchester and Federal for brands. Lots of bullets, brass and most calibers of dies. There was some powder on the shelf, but not much.

I've seen primers at Bi-mart in Keizer and on Lancaster. SRP and SPP. Both had 1 tray limits. But hey 100 primers is better than no primers.

100 Primers. Wow. That would get me through Thursday of an average week and I only shoot Monday's and Thursdays.:cool:

Maybe I'm going to get a black powder rifle or pistol. Lots of percussion caps on the shelves and at online companies.

Either that or drill out my cases to take Shotgun Primers:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously, I believe the pipeline is starting to fill up as the "hoarders" have filled their shelves.

I gotta wonder what the guys STILL asking $45.00-$50.00 per K in the classifieds are going to do. Do they even reload?

Oh, and Powder Valley had Tula small and large pistol primers, still had them Friday when I added a couple K LP to my 10,000 SP order.

Mike

I gotta wonder what the guys STILL asking $45.00-$50.00 per K in the classifieds are going to do. Do they even reload?
If they DO reload they were behind the curve and got stuck paying scalper prices. If they DO NOT reload they still behind the curve because no one is paying that anymore, at least not those that did anyway. My assessment - they do not reload and are stuck with unsold primers from the narrow window of opportunity they missed.

Oh, and Powder Valley had Tula small and large pistol primers, still had them Friday when I added a couple K LP to my 10,000 SP order.

Mike

People will probably still pay those prices. In case you haven't noticed, prices on primers have gone up considerably even in the legitimate sources. I used to pay $36-$37 for Benchrest Primers from Powder Valley. Those they have in stock today are now $10 more and Powder Valley is NOT a price gouger. If you want to see one of those, go to Bruno Shooter's Supply.

People will probably still pay those prices. In case you haven't noticed, prices on primers have gone up considerably even in the legitimate sources. I used to pay $36-$37 for Benchrest Primers from Powder Valley. Those they have in stock today are now $10 more and Powder Valley is NOT a price gouger. If you want to see one of those, go to Bruno Shooter's Supply.

I had been a CCI primer guy, that's what Bi-Mart had. I've now come to take anything that was on the counter at Sportsman's/Fishermans.

I don't know what "Benchrest" primers mean, is that a brand? Powder Valley raised the price on Tula SP and LP $4.00 a K I know.

I had been a CCI primer guy, that's what Bi-Mart had. I've now come to take anything that was on the counter at Sportsman's/Fishermans.

I don't know what "Benchrest" primers mean, is that a brand? Powder Valley raised the price on Tula SP and LP $4.00 a K I know.
Mike, "Benchrest" primers are offered by CCI and Federal as a more expensive option to their standard primers. They are supposedly more consistent and capable of better accuracy, and some published tests appear to support that contention. When they were only $2 more per thousand I used to use them. Now that they are $10 more per K, not so much. Maybe if I start competing in bench rest I will give them another go.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top