Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Primers on Pmc Brass.

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Rant, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Rant

Rant grand forks bc Member

I have a ton of pmc 7 rem mag brass with the primers in them {never shot} does anyone know what primers where put in them?

2. Rant

And how long primers are good for in brass. I would say they are at least 15 years old !

3. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Don't know what primer they are using, but I have some ammo I loaded about 20 years ago that still go bang when I pull the trigger. The main thing is how were they stored ? If they were kept dry I would use them. If you are not sure, load a couple and test fire them, and see what happens. You could also use them for practice rounds.

Dyjital likes this.
  4. Rant

Thanks.

5. Crohnos01

Crohnos01 Washington Active Member

Agreed with the key is how they were stored. Realistically, if they were stored in a dry, clean environment they should go "bang" indefinitely. I just loaded up some rounds using some of my father's components he had left over from the 1960s... everything fired just like it was supposed to.... but then again, it was stored in factory boxes in a humidity and temperature controlled area.