JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry to say Mike but many here would buy your cheap primers, thank you then resell them at a handsome profit (gouge)... :(:(:(

I thought about that after I posted. I figured I'd go through my list of folks I'd dealt with before in my private messages. The lion share of my dealings have been around reloading stuff.

This is going to be the story for sometime. Chasing deals only to be disappointed. Paying $100 per brick locally doesn't seem so bad, now that Powder Valley will set you back $70.

I guess if you don't already have all the components to load, yeah. That $70.00+ for primers is over what I would consider still.

Did somebody say out of stock that doesn't sit well with..

i-dont-know-if-you-are-really-out-of-stock-or-not-but-i-will-look-for-you-i-will-find-you-and-...jpg

If you knew how to program one. I bet @Dyjital knows how
I don't pretend to be smart. I just get lucky every so often.
I am a data driven guy, put data in front of me and I will analyze it and find what you are looking for.

Coding is for nerds, not analysists. (I also have a terrible vocabulary, can't speak properly and slur my own name)

The only ghetto option might be to select ALL display (e.g. under primers) and
invoke the FIND feature on your browser "out of order" and the browser would
highlight those words. a 5 second scroll would reveal which products do NOT
have those words....which sadly is, at the moment, nada, none, zip, zilch

Thank you sir.

Seems the whole (gun owning) world is watching, these sites. Or, are there a group of profiteers, that have the time, scanning these sites just to pick up components to sell at a profit and don't give a crap about the 2nd Amendment? Cheers to the folks that are getting primers for themselves so they can continue with the hobby.

I've peered into this world of resellers and a LOT of the reselling going on is arbitrage folks that resell any number of products, not just firearms related. They might be into guns or they might not. They don't care what the product is, they've just become aware that there is a market for reselling it. Some do it all in person, drive around the country buying up stock at every Mom and Pop store. Some do it online by programming scripts (or using already designed apps) that alert them to when things are in stock and either pounce on it by hand, or if they are really good, have scripts that order for them automatically. I've messed with this a little just so I have a chance to get a few things just for myself. It would be a nearly full time job to set this up and monitor it to a degree where you would get enough to start reselling. I'm not too interested in that, I just wanna shoot.

The entrepreneur in me says, 'good for them. The gun guy in me gets mad and says, leave some for the rest of us! I've seen this in the tool world, the whisky world... you name it, if there is a buck to be made, there are folks making it.

It'll ease up eventually once supply starts catching up and then the arbitrage buyers will move on to some other product that is in short supply.

The entrepreneur in me says, 'good for them. The gun guy in me gets mad and says, leave some for the rest of us! I've seen this in the tool world, the whisky world... you name it, if there is a buck to be made, there are folks making it.
What is the worst is when people shoot or load for a few that actually shoot. The artificial inflation is an Obummer.

I've peered into this world of resellers and a LOT of the reselling going on is arbitrage folks that resell any number of products, not just firearms related. They might be into guns or they might not. They don't care what the product is, they've just become aware that there is a market for reselling it. Some do it all in person, drive around the country buying up stock at every Mom and Pop store. Some do it online by programming scripts (or using already designed apps) that alert them to when things are in stock and either pounce on it by hand, or if they are really good, have scripts that order for them automatically. I've messed with this a little just so I have a chance to get a few things just for myself. It would be a nearly full time job to set this up and monitor it to a degree where you would get enough to start reselling. I'm not too interested in that, I just wanna shoot.

It'll ease up eventually once supply starts catching up and then the arbitrage buyers will move on to some other product that is in short supply.

Yeah, Those guys on "Storage Wars" come to mind. YUUUP!

That's where I'm at... it was time to start thinking about stocking up to reload for rat shooting this spring. An evening with PowerShell, and my computer was periodically checking Powder Valley for me. I thought for a half a second about the potential in that, and then decided my full time+ job was probably enough work.

That's where I'm at... it was time to start thinking about stocking up to reload for rat shooting this spring. An evening with PowerShell, and my computer was periodically checking Powder Valley for me. I thought for a half a second about the potential in that, and then decided my full time+ job was probably enough work.

you made the right call

ahs don't knows nuthing about rat shooting (with apologies to Butterfly McQueen).
I wonder if it might be a good opportunity to go with a good air rifle setup at this point?

Case in point, Naches just put primers up for sale and the web traffic crashed their site within seconds. craziness.
yeah crazy times...kinda like moths to a flame and such. I've found it can pay to sign up for a vendor's email notification (which no doubt resellers utilize as well). so I set up a burn email account just for online sales and have my phone 'DING!' when these emails arrive. Anything I can do to save seconds when racing towards confirming an order is good. I was fortunate enough to get in on 12 gauge slugs as well as #4 shot recently. Minutes later the inventory was depleted. It's like gun version of gas lines in the 1970s - remember those?

ahs don't knows nuthing about rat shooting (with apologies to Butterfly McQueen).
I wonder if it might be a good opportunity to go with a good air rifle setup at this point?

They're pretty small, so that might work, but it's a little sad to see 'em do the twitchy-floppies if you don't hit 'em solid. A ballistic-tipped .223, on the other hand, puts their lights out in an instant and can produce an acrobatic spectacle!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top