JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It really isn't gouging anymore to ask whatever you want for primers. It's a non essential commodity, like silver or gold. Not like you will die without them. Unfortunately we likely won't be seeing them on shelves for a long time. Every primer they have, or will make in the near future will go into factory Ammo. I have been to every gun show within three states for the last several months and even in rural Idaho, the cheapest I found small pistol primers was $150 per 1000.
I paid $95 for 1000 large pistol magnum because that was the lowest I've seen any primer in months, and If I want to feed the 44 for less than $1 a round it's well worth it. I was lucky to find one brick of CCI #41 (military 5.56 primers that I use on my m193 and 262 loads) and happily paid $150... its the only brick I've seen in nearly a year. It's not a matter of gouging. It's a matter of what can I replace them for, and how long if ever before the market comes back. The days of $25 per K are over. Ammo companies said months ago to expect a 15% or more ammo price increase across the board. Things have only deteriorated since.
I'm afraid this is one of those looong winters the squirrels hoard their nuts for, and after the last few election cycles it's hard to say nobody saw it coming. If you don't already have your own stock pile of nuts, be prepared to trade your :s0066:for them.

I was sure glad to see what few Bi Mart had a week ago - at normal price - and hope to see some again!
I was able to walk away from that windfall with 1200 primers of various sizes for $42 made from several trips to several locations. Might not get that lucky again this year

It really isn't gouging anymore to ask whatever you want for primers. It's a non essential commodity, like silver or gold. Not like you will die without them. Unfortunately we likely won't be seeing them on shelves for a long time. Every primer they have, or will make in the near future will go into factory Ammo. I have been to every gun show within three states for the last several months and even in rural Idaho, the cheapest I found small pistol primers was $150 per 1000.
I paid $95 for 1000 large pistol magnum because that was the lowest I've seen any primer in months, and If I want to feed the 44 for less than $1 a round it's well worth it. I was lucky to find one brick of CCI #41 (military 5.56 primers that I use on my m193 and 262 loads) and happily paid $150... its the only brick I've seen in nearly a year. It's not a matter of gouging. It's a matter of what can I replace them for, and how long if ever before the market comes back. The days of $25 per K are over. Ammo companies said months ago to expect a 15% or more ammo price increase across the board. Things have only deteriorated since.
I'm afraid this is one of those looong winters the squirrels hoard their nuts for, and after the last few election cycles it's hard to say nobody saw it coming. If you don't already have your own stock pile of nuts, be prepared to trade your :s0066:for them.

True enough brother... I gots mine!!!:s0140::s0140::s0140:

D5B5A2E4-A9FC-4C1C-AA57-23F2539011B7.jpeg

While I have nothing against increasing prices in response to consumer demand, I do look forward to when the scalpers have to face the dark side of Capitalism; too much supply and little demand! Many non-reloaders will have to offload their 1000$ case of primers at a hefty loss!
I am pretty sure most "scalpers" are buying at regular prices. If they are paying $40 a brick and one day find that they can't sell them for $125 a brick, I doubt they will be too concerned over it. The primers will keep until the next shortage comes along. I will be a buyer at sub $60 a brick for many months to come. I am not getting caught with my pants down during the next shortage and I expect many others feel the same way.

Retailers are limited by regulations, so they can't build up a big supply in their stores. While the primer availability may continue to increase, it is going to be months before primers sit on the shelf for more than a day or two. When stores set limits that makes people more likely to buy because they believe a shortage still exist.

I am pretty sure most "scalpers" are buying at regular prices. If they are paying $40 a brick and one day find that they can't sell them for $125 a brick, I doubt they will be too concerned over it. The primers will keep until the next shortage comes along. I will be a buyer at sub $60 a brick for many months to come. I am not getting caught with my pants down during the next shortage and I expect many others feel the same way.

Retailers are limited by regulations, so they can't build up a big supply in their stores. While the primer availability may continue to increase, it is going to be months before primers sit on the shelf for more than a day or two. When stores set limits that makes people more likely to buy because they believe a shortage still exist.

Very true! However, I do think there are a decent amount of people buying at current prices with the assumption that they will be able to flip them for even more in the coming months! Those people are playing a dangerous game, especially if they have no actual interest in reloading.

Hmmm.
1. Unbranded
2. No return - pretty normal
3. Cancellation policy, 30% penalty
4. 2 month shipping time (maybe they don't even have them yet)
5. Hazmat fee $37
6. $110 per K. After a 27% price reduction, is there a message in that?
7. Actual shipping charges a big question mark after all of the above

It would be nice to know what brand they are. My guess, eastern European of some kind. From one of those legendary shipments we've been hearing about. Sidebar: One of my pals used to make fun of home-cast bullets being peddled at gun shows, he called them, "Slag Brand Bullets."

I guess when something is in short supply, the seller can get away with those terms of sale with some buyers. I'll wait.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top