JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And that's why they aren't on the shelf.
Panic
bubbleguming
Buying
Hey man I been looking for small rifle since August because I have 5k 556 ready to load but didn't have any primers....if I really wanted to be a ahole I could of just bought them to resell but by tomorrow night they'll all be used and I can really crank some 556 out now.....they were on the shelf and I bought em...right place right time I guess.

Hey man I been looking for small rifle since August because I have 5k 556 ready to load but didn't have any primers....if I really wanted to be a ahole I could of just bought them to resell but by tomorrow night they'll all be used and I can really crank some 556 out now.
More power to ya.
load them and shoot them.

I am "panic buying". I am so panicked and was up reloading til 1:30, up at 5 for work so my daughter and I can shoot on the range we just finished tomorrow afternoon and spend some time together. That one brick made all the difference of having rounds or not.

Using small rifle primers for pistols is what I am dealing with.

Do we shoot more than we "need" to? Maybe but that's our deal...

Well, here's a plan. A guy could go to Sportsman's Warehouse at 9:00AM every day when they open up. And stay until 8:00PM when they close down. Every day. Then you'd stand a good chance of getting some primers, eventually. If some rube didn't elbow you out of the way.

50 bricks divided by 4 bricks per couple, that's only 12-1/2 happy customers. Leaves a lot of disappointment still spread around.

Well, here's a plan. A guy could go to Sportsman's Warehouse at 9:00AM every day when they open up. And stay until 8:00PM when they close down. Every day. Then you'd stand a good chance of getting some primers, eventually. If some rube didn't elbow you out of the way.

50 bricks divided by 4 bricks per couple, that's only 12-1/2 happy customers. Leaves a lot of disappointment still spread around.
I've been going to the sportsman's in Vancouver and in Kelso 3 to 4 times a week since August...so by the time you add in the gas and time ive wasted in the last like 5 months, it would've prolly been better just to pay the gouger prices some people on here are asking....

Funny. Mind if I ask what time it was? Don't worry I am 6 hrs away and I am writing a research paper on it for my Retail Studies class. LOL
It was around 2:00. they weren't stocking shelves with it. The employee said they were just sitting on a shelf in the back so he grabbed them.
probably gonna be a pissed off colleague at the end of the shift.

It was around 2:00. they weren't stocking shelves with it. The employee said they were just sitting on a shelf in the back so he grabbed them.
probably gonna be a pissed off colleague at the end of the shift.
[/QUOTE

Interesting. I was just thinking about the patterns. "Sitting on a shelf in back". The good Ol employee holdback trick. You got lucky. Most places are putting stuff out at 10:00 or so after the morning coffee is finished. 2:00 is definitely strange.

And you are right. His co-workers are going to be real mad. That's 2 boxes of $400 primers he won't be able to sell on GB. That was a couple days pay supplement gone. LOL.

Thanks for the info. I am always curious to see what is actually going on out there.

Interesting. I was just thinking about the patterns. "Sitting on a shelf in back". The good Ol employee holdback trick. You got lucky. Most places are putting stuff out at 10:00 or so after the morning coffee is finished. 2:00 is definitely strange.

And you are right. His co-workers are going to be real mad. That's 2 boxes of $400 primers he won't be able to sell on GB. That was a couple days pay supplement gone. LOL.

Thanks for the info. I am always curious to see what is actually going on out there.
I use to live like 15min away from brownells when I lived in iowa, ive called a few people I know that work there and also a few people that work at scheels and asked them if they get any primers in if they buy em ill pay em double when I come to iowa in February.....they told all told me that they are just not getting any coming in.

Sportsman's limits each buyer to one brick of primers. That's been the written rule for at least 4 months. I'm calling bull!

Not if you go through the line twice. I do it when Safeway has pop on sale. Make it worth your trip. He's reloading it and maybe his wife reloads too. I say good for him. He said he was out of primers waiting to reload a batch. Early bird gets the worm.

Not if you go through the line twice. I do it when Safeway has pop on sale. Make it worth your trip. He's reloading it and maybe his wife reloads too. I say good for him. He said he was out of primers waiting to reload a batch. Early bird gets the worm.
Yeah we both went thru the line twice, the guy I met there to trade the brass originally even went thru the line twice.

You might want to get some Vagasil or Pamprin and give a couple of cases away on here next time you buy primers.
Thats funny....im still going to be doing my weekly trips there checking for primers....cause if they have em, im gonna buy em....I fear that soon they will regulate Reloading components, like you'll have to get a background check to buy primers and powder or something like that.

I too say buy them while you can. My only objection is, buying primers for $32.00 per 1000 at Sportsman's or where ever and trying to sell them to me for $200.00 that afternoon! Or my favorite, I'll trade you my $200.00 primers (market value) for your $10.99 (what you paid for them last year) 9mm box of fifty. POS

I too say buy them while you can. My only objection is, buying primers for $32.00 per 1000 at Sportsman's or where ever and trying to sell them to me for $200.00 that afternoon! Or my favorite, I'll trade you my $200.00 primers (market value) for your $10.99 (what you paid for them last year) 9mm box of fifty. POS
Oh yeah that has happened to me too with trying to buy primers. The rounds I was trying to trade were current retail prices (out of stock obviously) and he wanted to give me no mark up and was very proud of his boxes of crappy import primers.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top