JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I could not believe my eyes....they had prolly more than 50 bricks of various large and small primers...my wife and I snagged 4 bricks of small rifle....over the last day I scored 2k small rifle and 2k small pistol trading brass......people were standing around like vultures because people would grab more than 1 brick and the cashier would take a brick at checkout and every so often a employee would bring a load of primers to put back on the shelf....I stood around for almost an hour waiting for the wife to get there, we went to separate lines twice, ive not seen any kind of small primers on the shelf at sportsman's since probably August....hopefully the tide is changing and $30 a brick primers are coming back.

20210121_224832.jpg 20210121_225024.jpg

Double Damn!! I was first in the store 2 Thursdays ago only to find they had no shipment, went last Thursday and was told no truck so I didn't bother going today.
LOL
:confused:

I bought some of the same match ones too. Can we use those for .223? Worried about the floating firing pin. I always use CCI. I hear the Federal Match are very soft. IDK.

4 boxes? You beat me by 20 min. I could still smell the vultures. (Or the smell of victory) not sure . LOL

Kinda like posting a picture of a Tbone steak in Ethiopia. (I'm joking it's a joke. Jealous yes but still a joke). LOL. I'm headed over to the classifieds for some $250 primers. Ha!

Double Damn!! I was first in the store 2 Thursdays ago only to find they had no shipment, went last Thursday and was told no truck so I didn't bother going today.
LOL
:confused:
Yeah one of the guys working there said they hadn't got a shipment like this in along time, he said when they do get a shipment they only get a handful of bricks and are gone within minutes.

I bought some of the same match ones too. Can we use those for .223? Worried about the floating firing pin. I always use CCI. I hear the Federal Match are very soft. IDK.

4 boxes? You beat me by 20 min. I could still smell the vultures. (Or the smell of victory) not sure . LOL
I dont think they'd be a problem using them in 223....back in the Obama years I resorted to using small pistol in 223 and didn't have any problems with it slam firing....BTW they did have cci small rifle but someone grabbed em as I was busting through the crowd.

Kinda like posting a picture of a Tbone steak in Ethiopia. (I'm joking it's a joke. Jealous yes but still a joke). LOL. I'm headed over to the classifieds for some $250 primers. Ha!
Go have a look on gunjoker....$250 is a deal...I seen some primers with bids on them going for almost $500 a brick with like 2 days left...not to mention some powder is almost $100 a lb.

Damn!! Good for you!
Was this in Kelso?
I got all excited that Vancouver had em i drove to Kelso and nothing....the whole reason I went to sportsman's today was to trade some brass for small pistol primers, got there early and thought I'd go have a look inside and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

It sure is funny watching everyone stare at the shopping carts looking at each other. I was like is somebody going to do something? LOL. It was like a refugee air drop.

I got all excited that Vancouver had em i drove to Kelso and nothing....the whole reason I went to sportsman's today was to trade some brass for small pistol primers, got there early and thought I'd go have a look inside and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.
I did the opposite. Prolly passed you with your ***t ton of primers at Kalama. Should of jumped the barrier, rammed you and ran off into the woods with the booty. LOL

An old timer guy saw me looking at heavy .223 bullets. I had the only box and was pondering it and he said you have a 1:7? I said yeah, but I kinda just standardize on 55 or 62. He grabbed two more boxes of bullets out of his cart and handed them to me and said "take em". I was like no I am not taking your stuff. I appreciate it though. He said I have cancer, 3-4 months maybe and I probably won't get to use them. Kinda sad.

An old timer guy saw me looking at heavy .223 bullets. I had the only box and was pondering it and he said you have a 1:7? I said yeah, but I kinda just standardize on 55 or 62. He grabbed two more boxes of bullets out of his cart and handed them to me and said "take em". I was like no I am not taking your stuff. I appreciate it though. He said I have cancer, 3-4 months maybe and I probably won't get to use them. Kinda sad.
Yeah that sucks....I know alot of old reloaders back in iowa where I'm from...one guy I know had cancer and he had me come to his house to look at his reloading room, he said "this is all yours when I die" he'd been loading for over 50yrs and he said his kids who are older than I am aren't interested in this stuff and they'd prolly just throw it all away when he dies....then I moved here and lost contact with him.

True story. Just today I was in Sportsman's in Bend looking for help as I needed to measure a small piece of rail to see if it would work. I made eye contact with a man working there and said. "Could I ask you a question?" He said ." I only answer one question per day and you already asked it."
I laughed and looked down at his hands and he was carrying two 1000 ct CCI 500 primers. I said " well I won't ask another question if I can have those". He said. I'll give you one. I took it and measured the taint on the rail and found out that would work perfect too. So it was a good day.
I only paid 23.99 for the primers so I'm thinking they were saved for an employee? Who knows. Pretty funny how it worked out.

True story. Just today I was in Sportsman's in Bend looking for help as I needed to measure a small piece of rail to see if it would work. I made eye contact with a man working there and said. "Could I ask you a question?" He said ." I only answer one question per day and you already asked it."
I laughed and looked down at his hands and he was carrying two 1000 ct CCI 500 primers. I said " well I won't ask another question if I can have those". He said. I'll give you one. I took it and measured the taint on the rail and found out that would work perfect too. So it was a good day.
I only paid 23.99 for the primers so I'm thinking they were saved for an employee? Who knows. Pretty funny how it worked out.
Funny. Mind if I ask what time it was? Don't worry I am 6 hrs away and I am writing a research paper on it for my Retail Studies class. LOL

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top